No registration required

Bricked TF300T - Stock never rooted, just died

OP skusa93

9th January 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 167

313 posts
As the title says I've got a TF300 (actually it's my Mother's) and the thing just died on her this week. I took a look at it and hooked it up to my PC, got nothing. Ordered a new USB cable and now it's telling me there is an APX device plugged in. Did some research and it looks like I would need to have already backed up blobs using NVFlash for the APX mode to be useful.

Anyone have any advice as to what to do from here? Never done anything with a Tegra device so some of the utilities are foreign to me and I don't want to further ruin my chances at reviving it.

Thanks for any help
9th January 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 386

1,110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skusa93

As the title says I've got a TF300 (actually it's my Mother's) and the thing just died on her this week. I took a look at it and hooked it up to my PC, got nothing. Ordered a new USB cable and now it's telling me there is an APX device plugged in. Did some research and it looks like I would need to have already backed up blobs using NVFlash for the APX mode to be useful.

Anyone have any advice as to what to do from here? Never done anything with a Tegra device so some of the utilities are foreign to me and I don't want to further ruin my chances at reviving it.

Thanks for any help

Have you seen/tried this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=12
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 167

313 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

Have you seen/tried this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=12

Hadn't seen that post, just tried out the steps but it won't go into fastboot. Reset it and held down the volume button but it stays in APX mode.
9th January 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 386

1,110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skusa93

Hadn't seen that post, just tried out the steps but it won't go into fastboot. Reset it and held down the volume button but it stays in APX mode.

Vol UP should go to APX mode while booting. Vol Down should either fail or go to fastboot mode while booting.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread