Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked TF300T - Stock never rooted, just died

Tip us?

skusa93
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 167
Default Bricked TF300T - Stock never rooted, just died

As the title says I've got a TF300 (actually it's my Mother's) and the thing just died on her this week. I took a look at it and hooked it up to my PC, got nothing. Ordered a new USB cable and now it's telling me there is an APX device plugged in. Did some research and it looks like I would need to have already backed up blobs using NVFlash for the APX mode to be useful.

Anyone have any advice as to what to do from here? Never done anything with a Tegra device so some of the utilities are foreign to me and I don't want to further ruin my chances at reviving it.

Thanks for any help

Current Phone: N5

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by skusa93 View Post
As the title says I've got a TF300 (actually it's my Mother's) and the thing just died on her this week. I took a look at it and hooked it up to my PC, got nothing. Ordered a new USB cable and now it's telling me there is an APX device plugged in. Did some research and it looks like I would need to have already backed up blobs using NVFlash for the APX mode to be useful.

Anyone have any advice as to what to do from here? Never done anything with a Tegra device so some of the utilities are foreign to me and I don't want to further ruin my chances at reviving it.

Thanks for any help
Have you seen/tried this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=12
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skusa93
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
Hadn't seen that post, just tried out the steps but it won't go into fastboot. Reset it and held down the volume button but it stays in APX mode.

Current Phone: N5

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by skusa93 View Post
Hadn't seen that post, just tried out the steps but it won't go into fastboot. Reset it and held down the volume button but it stays in APX mode.
Vol UP should go to APX mode while booting. Vol Down should either fail or go to fastboot mode while booting.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]