Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,178 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Active Display

Tip us?

big noob
Old
(Last edited by big noob; 5th January 2014 at 03:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Default [Q] Active Display

I was searching in out section and other section's but i didn't find anything that will answer on my question..And that is is there any .apk or custom ROM that have Active Display..We see it on Moto X etc..Cause i think that feature is great,and it would be awesome to have it on our One X..So please only someone who know's..

edit:

I have found this,but njah..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...enotifications

big noob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Mod plase lock the thread Tut is coming

tomascus
Old
Thanks Meter 401
lol I don't think this will be good on non-AMOLED phones, power consumption will be pretty high - just ain't worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomascus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alicarbovader
Old
Thanks Meter 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomascus View Post
lol I don't think this will be good on non-AMOLED phones, power consumption will be pretty high - just ain't worth it.
dude, AMOLED is hella battery consumer. i'm glad we don't have AMOLED. I have used AMOLED, and it drains battery very fast. We happen to own LCD which is low on battery consumption.
I am the Supreme Patayto Overlord... Got problems...?

MyColorScreen Profile. Click here and you won't be bored

By the way, the thanks button's down there. Press it if my post helps you or makes you laugh
The Following User Says Thank You to alicarbovader For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicarbovader View Post
dude, AMOLED is hella battery consumer. i'm glad we don't have AMOLED. I have used AMOLED, and it drains battery very fast. We happen to own LCD which is low on battery consumption.
Oops thanked by mistake -.- active display uses the technology of amoled....so LCD needs to activate whole screen so that it can work and for amoled it will just light up the white things so it will drain less then with LCD...he doesn't meant whole usage...just active display...but on LCD it's really a battery drainer

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)
The Following User Says Thank You to One-M8-Master For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alicarbovader
Old
Thanks Meter 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-X-master View Post
Oops thanked by mistake -.- active display uses the technology of amoled....so LCD needs to activate whole screen so that it can work and for amoled it will just light up the white things so it will drain less then with LCD...he doesn't meant whole usage...just active display...but on LCD it's really a battery drainer

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
Ehm, SLCD is supposed to drain lesser power, despite not being able to turn off display at black. Though AMOLED turns off display for black pixels, it still consumes more power. Last week, I was testing the Timely App on my One X and a friend's One S, which happens to equip an AMOLED. The result, for 5 hrs overnight, my battery downed by 19%, while he drained about 28%. Now if we ignore the irregularities such as different kernels and different clock rates, we can see that SLCD drains lesser power. In fact, combined with a few good underclocking profiles on SetCPU, I have been able to use my phone for 2 days with normal usage, not counting facebook.
I am the Supreme Patayto Overlord... Got problems...?

MyColorScreen Profile. Click here and you won't be bored

By the way, the thanks button's down there. Press it if my post helps you or makes you laugh

tomascus
Old
Thanks Meter 401
I think we're getting a little off-topic here. The point I was trying to make is that Active Display takes advantage of the fact that AMOLED displays can turn off black pixels not in use, therefore saving energy while only needing to power the few pixels needed to display the notification. In contrast, our display on the One X requires the WHOLE of the screen turned on since our black pixels cannot be turned off, thus consequently causes greater drain on the battery. And we already know how weak our battery already is, right?