5,594,438 Members 33,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Avia losing connection/dropping out

Tip us?

uncrx2003
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Having the same issue even with the wifi lock on.

Drizwaldo1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncrx2003 View Post
Having the same issue even with the wifi lock on.
Interestingly had this issue flag itself up in my household over Xmas. Everything worked fine via my N5 with Avia, but my brother on the same devices got a drop out after 7-8 minutes.

Logically we worked through this thread, with no joy. For some reason I told him to uninstall Battery Doctor, as I knew he'd optimised his phone for battery consumption.

We tried again and everything works flawlessly. Sorry I can't pinpoint exactly what the specific issue was but this solved the dropping out issue for us.

Hope that helps someone.

jsbowling42
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Anyone having the issue of when starting a video in avia and then trying to cast it makes all devices on network drop there connection with the WiFi network? Any suggestions would help. Thanks

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 557

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbowling42 View Post
Anyone having the issue of when starting a video in avia and then trying to cast it makes all devices on network drop there connection with the WiFi network? Any suggestions would help. Thanks
Sounds like a router issue. Perhaps insufficient bandwidth or a general inability to handle large wireless load.
What router do you have?
-- Brandon // Google Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! || Rootable Serial Numbers
Mini-FAQ: What's the big deal with root? || Mini-FAQ: Rooting with FlashCast || Assemble a powered OTG cable
WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations || Not all 1080p/720p is created equal
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

jsbowling42
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga View Post
Sounds like a router issue. Perhaps insufficient bandwidth or a general inability to handle large wireless load.
What router do you have?
Its a dlink dir-628

trenchtownrocked
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I have the same issue when streaming from my Nexus 7 (2013) on 4.4. Netflix and youtube works fine, but Avia constantly disconnects (kicking me back out to the chromecast home page) and/or buffers every 10 seconds. When I transfer the EXACT same video file to my GS4 running 4.3, it always casts smoothly with no hickups. It is obviously an Avia software glitch. Would love to get it resolved.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 557

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenchtownrocked View Post
I have the same issue when streaming from my Nexus 7 (2013) on 4.4. Netflix and youtube works fine, but Avia constantly disconnects (kicking me back out to the chromecast home page) and/or buffers every 10 seconds. When I transfer the EXACT same video file to my GS4 running 4.3, it always casts smoothly with no hickups. It is obviously an Avia software glitch. Would love to get it resolved.
Perchance are your Nexus 7 and GS4 on different wireless bands?
-- Brandon // Google Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! || Rootable Serial Numbers
Mini-FAQ: What's the big deal with root? || Mini-FAQ: Rooting with FlashCast || Assemble a powered OTG cable
WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations || Not all 1080p/720p is created equal
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

jsbowling42
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Well I'm using a nexus 7 (2012) and now that its mentioned I havent been able to replicate the problem on my gs3.