XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] high end gaming

Tip us?

ian619420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] high end gaming

can the one x+ play games like asphalt 8 at high visualy quality with no lag? or are most high end games by gameloft ea rockstar gta games laggy unoptimized for tegra 3 still, would anyone advise me to get this phone for gaming? NOT INCLUDING tegra 3 designed games. the ones by gameloft are better IMO

CyanideIII
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian619420 View Post
can the one x+ play games like asphalt 8 at high visualy quality with no lag? or are most high end games by gameloft ea rockstar gta games laggy unoptimized for tegra 3 still, would anyone advise me to get this phone for gaming? NOT INCLUDING tegra 3 designed games. the ones by gameloft are better IMO
This phone is the Worst Choice for Gaming on stock rom
even dual core phones can run asphalt 8 better than hox+.because it's not optimized for tegra3 (many games)
and the phone battery temperature gets very high...sth about 50-55C or higher
I advise you >> Buy another Phone

superbay
Old
(Last edited by superbay; 27th December 2013 at 02:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideIII View Post
This phone is the Worst Choice for Gaming on stock rom
even dual core phones can run asphalt 8 better than hox+.because it's not optimized for tegra3 (many games)
and the phone battery temperature gets very high...sth about 50-55C or higher
I advise you >> Buy another Phone
2nd this. I am quite satisfied with the gaming performance but i could not tolerate the heat from the Tegra 3. If only mine is not a gift, i would sell it to get something better. HTC is not too friendly with development for this device as well. I wonder why they are spoiling the One series but neglecting the One X+ as it is one of their top devices
The Following User Says Thank You to superbay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 890
If all your intrested in is gaming... I'd buy a cheap phone and spend the rest on a shield!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

deeznuts
Old
Thanks Meter 130
High end gaming and mobile gaming do not go in the same sentence. People don't understand specs don't mean SH*T if there is no cooling method or ventilation put into these devices. It could have all the 2.6ghz quad core snapdragon 1000 processor with 4gb of ram and 1tb of memory. Without anyway of cooling or ventilation you will yield 10-15min of "high end gaming" until the device feels too hot to handle so you will stop or the device stops itself from becoming too hot.

Phone specs look great on paper. What lacks is high end software for the high end specs and no cooling or ventilation. What's the use of a 800hp muscle car if there is zero ventilation to the engine???

Get a gameboy bro
Device: Verizon HTC One (M8)
Current Rom: Stock

Daryll99
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts View Post
High end gaming and mobile gaming do not go in the same sentence. People don't understand specs don't mean SH*T if there is no cooling method or ventilation put into these devices. It could have all the 2.6ghz quad core snapdragon 1000 processor with 4gb of ram and 1tb of memory. Without anyway of cooling or ventilation you will yield 10-15min of "high end gaming" until the device feels too hot to handle so you will stop or the device stops itself from becoming too hot.

Phone specs look great on paper. What lacks is high end software for the high end specs and no cooling or ventilation. What's the use of a 800hp muscle car if there is zero ventilation to the engine???

Get a gameboy bro
Hmm, I don't know. Cause I can play Real Racing 3 for about an hour before battery is 0%. It doesn't over heat anymore. I gave it for repairs and told HTC overheating is the biggest issue now they solved it. Also told them battery has an issue, finishes too fast, they fixed it now I can high end gaming for an hour, previously 40 minutes

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Click the thanks button under my post if it helped you, instead of replying by sayin "thanks".

Devices I currently own
HTC One X+

Device(s) I intend to buy
HTC One M8

Devices I owned
Nokia 6300 Classic
Nokia 6800s
Nokia C5
LG Optimus ME
Samsung Galaxy Ace