Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,346 Members 47,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible new way to root

Tip us?

mazdamiata210
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 293

DONATE TO ME
Default Possible new way to root

I found this guide on another forum from a member who is banned. My note 3 is already rooted so I can't test it however if you'd like to give it a try feel free. I'm not saying it will work, but it's possible. I have never heard of this method before.

What you are going to want to do is download the things listed below from the app store (links below) :
*4shared
*Ministro ll
*Root Checker

Now go ahead and open up the 4shared application.

Then Type "Poot.Apk"

Download the very first one on the top of the page.

Now go ahead and open up "Poot.Apk"

When it opens it will need to install a few things so please be patient.

When it is finished hit "Click Here To Poot"

It will then root your device.

Now you MUST restart your device.

Once it is fully booted back up go ahead an open up "Poot.Apk" one last time.

Hit "Click here to poot" again then exit out of the application.

Now go to the app store and search for "Super User".

Install that application, open it up, then exit out and go to "Root Checker"

Check if your phone is rooted.

If it is not (very rare) re-do the steps.

If so, enjoy your new rooted device.

Extra downloads:

Poot.apk with support for PCD Venture / ARM5 http://www.sendspace.com/file/dgid06

Poot.apk with support for One Touch 910 /ARM5 http://www.sendspace.com/file/6golr5

Poot.apk with support for Cherry w100 http://www.sendspace.com/file/oq37ui
*The cherry w100 version isn't 100% done and working, but it does work well enough to get the su binary installed. You have to reboot your phone each time you try the exploit.

Poot.apk with support for h866c (get ministro from the play store, or this post). http://www.sendspace.com/file/k9b3ks

Ministro ll Download :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ministro&hl=en

Root Checker Download :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ootcheck&hl=en

Super User Download :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.su&hl=en

(All these applications are from the Google play store)

A thanks is always nice if I helped

Samsung Blackjack > iPhone > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Note 1 > Note 2 (N7100) > Note 3 > iPhone 5S
The Following User Says Thank You to mazdamiata210 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

megalomanic14
Old
Thanks Meter 2069
Hey man I'm by no means trying to piss on your find, or trying to bring new methods of rooting to the table...but I barely trust apps or apks downloaded from 4shared much less give an unknown random app complete root access to my device...Especially when there are well known, we'll established methods from root de la vega, to kingo one click...and while some are not fans of kingo, I have used it myself and have found zero issues, or anything running, or even in my decompiled firmware that I have found by using kingo. So please don't take this the wrong way, but i would be extremely careful about using anything from a mass sharing black market and allowing it full control and access, which is what root entails, to your device. Let alone the chance of bricking or tripping knox kernel fuse, at which time you wind up with a paper weight. Just my two cents but id be overly cautious and go with an established method.

Mega
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megalomanic14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gnabgibeht
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalomanic14 View Post
Hey man I'm by no means trying to piss on your find, or trying to bring new methods of rooting to the table...but I barely trust apps or apks downloaded from 4shared much less give an unknown random app complete root access to my device...Especially when there are well known, we'll established methods from root de la vega, to kingo one click...and while some are not fans of kingo, I have used it myself and have found zero issues, or anything running, or even in my decompiled firmware that I have found by using kingo. So please don't take this the wrong way, but i would be extremely careful about using anything from a mass sharing black market and allowing it full control and access, which is what root entails, to your device. Let alone the chance of bricking or tripping knox kernel fuse, at which time you wind up with a paper weight. Just my two cents but id be overly cautious and go with an established method.

Mega
Couldn't have said it any better. Be careful of what you do to your phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

too much to learn with so little time...

Current Phone(s):
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Apple iPhone 5

mazdamiata210
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 293

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalomanic14 View Post

Mega

I agree with everything you said lol but some people have balls and are willing to try things. If it actually works then it's nice to have another method. I'm sure someone could disassemble the apk and post a safe one here if they wanted to put in the work. I'm just sharing what I found.

A thanks is always nice if I helped

Samsung Blackjack > iPhone > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Note 1 > Note 2 (N7100) > Note 3 > iPhone 5S

megalomanic14
Old
Thanks Meter 2069
I hear you man....i had to laugh when I read...i found this on a post by a dude that got his account banned....that's never a good sign haha

Mega

dreDrennon1
Old
Thanks Meter 308

DONATE TO ME
Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Knoxraid V3 KitKat 4.4.2

mrkhigh
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Curious to see how this works.

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

RErick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4470

DONATE TO ME
Very sketchy. I do not recommend this. If this "poot.apk" is legit, why is it not on the playstore or on Dev host or androidfilehost or something like that?

Beware the banned user

Tapatalk 4 sucks
Sign up to copy.com here for free and receive an extra free 5GB storage. That's 20GB free!

Everyone Needs To Read This

wish777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1141

DONATE TO ME
Poot+?=

pham818
Old
Thanks Meter 178
thanks for trying to help, but there's really no point because 1. the member you got it from is banned and 2. there are two other perfectly working methods already.
Current
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 -
Asus Nexus 7 32GB (2013) - scrosler's CleanROM

Past
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB - Sold
Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB - Given Away
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16GB - SOLD

Free 500 MB of storage on Dropbox: http://db.tt/d6SOJt2W

Please press thanks if I helped in any way!