Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] About Samsung OTA 4.3 android version

Tip us?

Hellfireworks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] About Samsung OTA 4.3 android version

Hi all

I had a rooted S3 t999 with MOAR 6.0 installed, and I decided to flash Stock via Odin, flashed the 4.1.2 tar file for the device, and I got unrooted and went to stock...I upgraded to 4.3 when the update pushed by Samsung arrived.

I currently have my phone rooted and removed the Knox security, I want to try and flash other custom roms, will my phone get bricked if I decide to flash a 4.1.2 custom rom? I'm asking this just to make sure that I don't get a very expensive doorstep :P

Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

sswb27
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfireworks View Post
Hi all

I had a rooted S3 t999 with MOAR 6.0 installed, and I decided to flash Stock via Odin, flashed the 4.1.2 tar file for the device, and I got unrooted and went to stock...I upgraded to 4.3 when the update pushed by Samsung arrived.

I currently have my phone rooted and removed the Knox security, I want to try and flash other custom roms, will my phone get bricked if I decide to flash a 4.1.2 custom rom? I'm asking this just to make sure that I don't get a very expensive doorstep :P

Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

You can flash any rom just don't odin any thing lower then 4.3 and don't flash anything to downgrade your bootloader and you will be fine.
My device