[Q] Need advise about flashing an older ROM for my Note3

Tip us?

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiebai_13 View Post
Yeah I was able to do it.. no wipe, no factory reset.. I just flashed it with odin, and all my files/settings are still there! Some people commented here that it was not possible but for some reason it worked.. I just thought that if I encounter any bootloops I'll just flash the MM1 Rom again.. luckily I didn't have to.
How about the battery on MJ7 compared to ML2?

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
"Ok so you need to wait until XME has at least ML2 version and flash. No other choice"
Yeah and that's what I did (I think).. luckily last night a newer XME Rom came out and I flashed it on my note3.. seems to be working fine and all my files are still on my phone! Thanks to everyone who commented on my very first thread, I learned a lot from you guys!! Cheers!!

(This is the one that I flashed last night)
Model: SM-N9005
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2019540
Build date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 07:58:12 +0000
Product Code: XME
PDA: N9005XXUDMJ7
CSC: N9005OLBDML1
MODEM: N9005XXUDMJ7
Any mistyping? Plz double check, because AFAIK the latest XME firmware has the CSC N9005OLBDMJ2, not N9005OLBDML1 as yours.
(the changelist is also 2019540)

semendemon
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Personally, I can't see why you'd want to downgrade or even stay on the same version of Android. CM 11 (4.4.2) even in its current alpha build is much smoother than the TouchWiz-skinned 4.3 stock ROM. Wish I had a video to show you this heavenly bliss of a phone in action!
The Following User Says Thank You to semendemon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chiebai_13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen View Post
Any mistyping? Plz double check, because AFAIK the latest XME firmware has the CSC N9005OLBDMJ2, not N9005OLBDML1 as yours.
(the changelist is also 2019540)

Battery life is pretty much the same..

Mistyped? If you go to Sammobile, then Firmwares.. then do a search on n9005. A list of n9005 Roms will appear.. you'll see the new Malaysian Rom there right at the top.. I just copied the details on that Rom when i clicked the link. It is ML1 for sure

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Battery life is pretty much the same..

Mistyped? If you go to Sammobile, then Firmwares.. then do a search on n9005. A list of n9005 Roms will appear.. you'll see the new Malaysian Rom there right at the top.. I just copied the details on that Rom when i clicked the link. It is ML1 for sure
you r right. There r 2 version of MJ7 and the latest one is with ML1 CSC.

chiebai_13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
you r right. There r 2 version of MJ7 and the latest one is with ML1 CSC.

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I have a look at these 2 versions and there is no many difference between them.
The latest one (CSC ML1) just add some mobile operators to the file \system\csc\common\system\etc\lteon_netlist.xml

e.g <whiteLists numeric="27201" ltestate="PS/CSFB" operator="VDF" country="Ireland" defaultMode="GWL"/>

That's all.
So practical both versions are the same.

chiebai_13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I have a look at these 2 versions and there is no many difference between them.
The latest one (CSC ML1) just add some mobile operators to the file \system\csc\common\system\etc\lteon_netlist.xml

e.g <whiteLists numeric="27201" ltestate="PS/CSFB" operator="VDF" country="Ireland" defaultMode="GWL"/>

That's all.
So practical both versions are the same.
Is it? I wouldn't really know 'coz I'm new to all this flashing of Roms, csc bootloaders and stuff.. The only reason I joined XDA was to ask about my question of going back to my original Rom of XME from MM1..