5,593,248 Members 32,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recent OTA update

Tip us?

hiphiphooray
Old
(Last edited by hiphiphooray; 8th January 2014 at 08:56 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Recent OTA update

I am rooted with TWRP and flashed the G-Flex mod for the dual window. Stock Verizon.

I currently love my phone setup right now and don't want to have to return to stock, so I have a few questions about this OTA:

1. What is in the OTA, and is it worth taking?

2. Is there a way I can completely ignore the OTA and get it to stop reminding me?

3. If I do decide to take the OTA, will OTA rootkeeper allow me to OTA update and stay rooted?

4. If I do decided to reset my phone to stock, I should follow this guide right? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

Thanks for the help.

Hazard17
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphiphooray View Post
I am rooted with TWRP and flashed the G-Flex mod for the dual window.
Rayglobe 3.2 also have dual window.

o0adam0o
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I wouldn't take the OTA since you have custom recovery (TWRP). I'll let someone with more knowledge chime in but don't take it.
Theres a certain apk you freeze in order to stop it from loading the OTA reminder but it depends on your phone. Some carriers are different.
The Following User Says Thank You to o0adam0o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hiphiphooray
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
I wouldn't take the OTA since you have custom recovery (TWRP). I'll let someone with more knowledge chime in but don't take it.
Theres a certain apk you freeze in order to stop it from loading the OTA reminder but it depends on your phone. Some carriers are different.
thanks, I'll try to find the apk to freeze. I won't take it, but it seems like it keeps popping up saying its going to do it at a scheduled time, and I'm just hoping it won't do it overnight when I can't stop it.

Is the process for removing root or TWRP much harder than the process for setting it up? If its not too much trouble I can go back to stock for the update and reflash all my mods, etc.

bachera
Old
(Last edited by bachera; 8th January 2014 at 10:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 193
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49246603

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

hiphiphooray
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Froze com.lge.lgfota.permissions and Software Update MUC. That should be good right? Should i delete the fota file in the cache also?

hiphiphooray
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachera View Post
my God, 100 people bricking cause that they can't read, open 100 threads about the same issue and now open 100 more for getting a workaround.

Do some reading and you will find the answer cause someone has taken the time to read and write this in general section,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49246603

I did read man. I didnt brick or do anything stupid. I was just asking how to stop the ota update. He told me to freeze something and I looked it up myself. Just asking now if its safe to delete fota cache. No need to get upset
The Following User Says Thank You to hiphiphooray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bachera
Old
Thanks Meter 193
thanks, I must be on my forum period, I reread what I wrote deleted it. Thanks for your kind response

The Following User Says Thank You to bachera For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

destruya1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I haven't rooted my replacement G2 yet - does flashing this most recent OTA update make rooting the phone any more difficult?

bachera
Old
Thanks Meter 193
not sure, it seems to be able to reroot. Also read something about rootkeeper app, but cannot confirm it's effectivity.