5,605,766 Members 48,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Please help me with boot loop (CM)

Tip us?

thunderjohn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [HELP] Please help me with boot loop (CM)

So I was running a cm 10.2 nightly (late december) and today decided to try the new CM11 ones.

I download it and try to install it through the standard cm updater, when it reboots to CWM I get the famous "status 7" error.

I didn't think much of it and selected reboot now, then was presented with the "root permisions possibly lost want to fix now" message, I hit go back.

Ever since then, my device has been on a boot loop. After I re entered CWM I selected the option to fix the root permissions and after some attempts to start the phone again I did a factory reset&wipe cache which didn't help at all.

I have a backup on my computer of stock 4.1 rom but I don't know if/how I can use adb push while on CWM or bootloop to transfer it to the phone. I may be able to use a card reader to put it on the micro SD card and will try it tomorrow because I have to sleep now.

My CWM version is 6.0.3 and not 6.0.4, not sure if that caused the problem but I read that to update to CM11 you need the 6.0.4 version.

Any help to unbrick my phone would be greatly appreciated.

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1539
You've answered your own question as to the cause. People on here don't normally say things like "CWM v6.0.4.4 or newer required" just for fun.

As for getting the phone back, search and read.
Sent from the darkest corners of my mind

thunderjohn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah I read that after I had bricked my phone, trying to load my backup to external sd right now.