5,594,221 Members 44,999 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock email app. Exchange email bug after 4.3 update.

Tip us?

jprentzas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Stock email app. Exchange email bug after 4.3 update.

Hi and merry x-mas to all.
Yesterday I came accross with a problem in the stock email app that I am use for my hotmail account. I have set up my hotmail account as microsoft exchange account. I can receive emails at no time but when I try to send emails I get a message in the center of the screen "retrieving account information" and the email never send. Does anyone knows how to fix this? Sorry dor my english.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

a_ok2me
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have the same problem after the update.
Siemens SX-66, HD2, HD7, Galaxy Note 1 & 2

tom-zorg
Old
(Last edited by tom-zorg; 9th January 2014 at 10:30 AM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 0
Same for me with a Zimbra account.

Additionnal informations:
If using IMAP/SMTP configuration, everything works.
If using third-party mail configuration for AES (instead of native one), it works as I have tested it with "Moxier Mais (Exchange) - Trial"
If using other phones (Samsung Galaxy S with CyanogenMod, or iPhone 4 with iOS7), Exchange works as a charm...
The phone security policy which can be required by AES have been turn down for my Zimbra account by administrator...

Conclusion: there is something realy wrong with the native AES configuration in the GS4 (Android 4.3)... Official Android 4.4 should come by the end of January 2014 for this device, lets hope it will correct that!

Partial solution can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2571979