Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,383 Members 51,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question about Rooting Note 3 SM-N9005

Tip us?

akiaazriel
Old
(Last edited by akiaazriel; 9th January 2014 at 02:47 AM.) Reason: Added AP, CP, CSC
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Question about Rooting Note 3 SM-N9005

Hi guys,

As you know I'm fairly new here. I just want to ask if (as far as I've read) based on this POST http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498850, I'm running a Baseband Version of N9005XXUDMJ7. It says here that if I root, I will trip Knox but I won't be upgrading. Just rooting. If I continue with this process will I trip Knox?

AP: N9005XXUDMJ7
CP: N9005XXUDMJ7
CSC: N9005OLBDMJ2

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiaazriel View Post
Hi guys,

As you know I'm fairly new here. I just want to ask if (as far as I've read) based on this POST http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498850, I'm running a Baseband Version of N9005XXUDMJ7. It says here that if I root, I will trip Knox but I won't be upgrading. Just rooting. If I continue with this process will I trip Knox?

AP: N9005XXUDMJ7
CP: N9005XXUDMJ7
CSC: N9005OLBDMJ2
You are altering system files, you will trip Knox... Doesn't matter that you're not changing rom.
If you were, as long as it was a stock firmware and the right bootloader, you wouldn't trip Knox...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

akiaazriel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
You are altering system files, you will trip Knox... Doesn't matter that you're not changing rom.
If you were, as long as it was a stock firmware and the right bootloader, you wouldn't trip Knox...
What do you a stock firmware? I would get my firmware from sammobile. So what you're saying is that if I just root I'll trip Knox. But if I change my rom I won't?

So I should just follow the video on RDLV?

Sorry. Running a celeron processor of a brain here. -_-

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 660

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiaazriel View Post
What do you a stock firmware? I would get my firmware from sammobile. So what you're saying is that if I just root I'll trip Knox. But if I change my rom I won't?

So I should just follow the video on RDLV?

Sorry. Running a celeron processor of a brain here. -_-
De la Vega says: "If you are running MJ4, MJ7, MK1, MK2 or higher you can still root, but you will trip KNOX!"

Your firmware is MJ7 so you will trip Knox.

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 576
As you are on MJ7 it would be easier to just flash cf-autoroot... You will trip knox but easier to use.
You would trip Knox anyway and there's more steps using URDLV...

On the other hand if you want a different region rom on your Note 3 then you can pretty much just pick and flash a stock rom (as long as the new bootloader is in it) with no fear of tripping Knox....
Just don't think you can go back to MI7 or MJ1 to use URDLV to root without tripping Knox as they have the old bootloader that will see you boot looping until you reflash a newer version of stock rom with the new bootloader.
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...