Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 49,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I bricked or soft bricked my moto G PLEASE HELP

Tip us?

reeved
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default I bricked or soft bricked my moto G PLEASE HELP

Okay so, Im a noob at all this and this was my first attempt at unlocking the bootloader.

I followed a website and I tried unlocking the bootloader.
I thought I did it right.
So when the phone restarted, it went to the "Android is optimising" screen
I wasnt there when it happened but when i returned, there were all these popups saying everything crashed (clock, settings, ANDROID)
So i tried shutting it down and hoped that when i restarted it, it would do the optimising again and work
So i restarted, but as soon as the Motorola start screen finished ( the spinning globe thing) the whole phone would crash and would be stuck on a blank black screen.

I can still access the Fastboot screen thing by pressing the Volume down and Power buttons.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?
Please make it detailed or very simple because again, I AM A NOOB D:

PLEASE HELP ME D:

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeved View Post
Okay so, Im a noob at all this and this was my first attempt at unlocking the bootloader.

I followed a website and I tried unlocking the bootloader.
I thought I did it right.
So when the phone restarted, it went to the "Android is optimising" screen
I wasnt there when it happened but when i returned, there were all these popups saying everything crashed (clock, settings, ANDROID)
So i tried shutting it down and hoped that when i restarted it, it would do the optimising again and work
So i restarted, but as soon as the Motorola start screen finished ( the spinning globe thing) the whole phone would crash and would be stuck on a blank black screen.

I can still access the Fastboot screen thing by pressing the Volume down and Power buttons.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?
Please make it detailed or very simple because again, I AM A NOOB D:

PLEASE HELP ME D:
Go into recovery and do a data factory reset and clear the caches, that should solve the problem.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

reeved
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Go into recovery and do a data factory reset and clear the caches, that should solve the problem.

so how would i do that ??

sorry i told you i was a noob :P

darkeingel
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeved View Post
so how would i do that ??

sorry i told you i was a noob :P
Have a look in here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537119 - all the questions and important news are there.

ALSO

You know that after you unlocked your bootloader all your data is gone? You can flash one of the 4.4 images available using one of the tutorials here on XDA (not a shaddy site on the interwebz)

_________________not anymore_________________

HTC G1 - 2.2 - Rooted - Cyanogen
Nexus One - Stock - Rooted - 2.3.3
Nexus S - Rooted - 2.3.6
Blackberry 9700 - OS6 - Hybrid - BIS
HD7 - Locked - Mango 7720.
HD7 TMOUS - SIMUNLOCKED - 8107 - Locked.
iPhone 4S - 6.1.2 - evad3rs - jailbr0ken.
Lumia 720 WP 8 - Amber

_________________ current ______________________
MOTO G - STOCK 4.4.4 - ROOTED + XPOSED + Greenify + Faux's Kernel.

reeved
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default moto g

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeingel View Post
Have a look in here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537119 - all the questions and important news are there.

ALSO

You know that after you unlocked your bootloader all your data is gone? You can flash one of the 4.4 images available using one of the tutorials here on XDA (not a shaddy site on the interwebz)
im sorry, do YOU know how to do it exactly???

and yea i made a backup of all my data (apps, phone stuff like contacts etc.)

Rusty!
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1748
Reboot into bootloader, pick recovery, at the picture, press volume up and power at the same time, then use the volume keys to navigate the menu and power key to select.

Note that the recovery is actually broken and the option you have highlighted isn't actually the one that it will select, so you'll have to experiment a little to get the wipe data one.
Google Nexus 5 on Three UK

reeved
Old
(Last edited by reeved; 9th January 2014 at 07:57 PM.) Reason: Phone radio not working?
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Did it but back at square ONE D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty! View Post
Reboot into bootloader, pick recovery, at the picture, press volume up and power at the same time, then use the volume keys to navigate the menu and power key to select.

Note that the recovery is actually broken and the option you have highlighted isn't actually the one that it will select, so you'll have to experiment a little to get the wipe data one.
Well, i did what you said, when the phone first restarted it got stuck at the globe part so i held power and restarted.
BUT it went to the android is optimising screen. Things were really looking up at that moment but to my luck, it showed the 'message' -.-

"Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped."

IM REALLY SAD D:

can you please help more?

thanks though because what you said worked just that a new problem came :P

EDIT: Okay so just after finishing the previous post ^ and going to bed ( cuz i live in NZ :P ) i kept doing your idea. after 2 or 3 tries IT WORKED DDD

So i tried making sure everything was working. I tried doing that "Motorola Protect Your Phone" thing that wont go from your notification screen unless you do it. But i couldnt because it said -

"The Phone radio is unable to connect to the network. Make sure the radio is on, or if it is on, move into an area with better coverage and try again."

So whats the radio?

I was assuming it was my thing which sends texts and calls but i could text just fine. Is it WiFi? because at the moment i dont have WiFi ;P

Im just getting a bit scared because i read somewhere ( idk where) that your phones radio could get ruined if you attempted to unlock the bootloader O:

Sorry for being so annoying :P

Thanks for helping me

PLEASE HELP AGAIN D: