5,598,171 Members 43,060 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Should I keep my HTC One X or move to the Moto G?

Tip us?

monchee
Old
(Last edited by monchee; 9th January 2014 at 09:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadash View Post
sorry to bring up an old thread but to the op

How are you finding the Moto G in relation to the one X?

My one x has the wifi fault and a horrid battery life and the black screen of death and so I definately need a new device until upgrade time

Would you recommend a Moto G?

Thanks

I also have the wifi fault with my HOX, and battery life was very terrible. I had to do lots of tweaks that compromises the performance of the phone to get more juice, but still has bad battery life.

I'm glad that I was able to sell my HOX for $220+ here in the Philippines, and got myself the Moto G plus a shell that my cousin will be bringing home from the US. Can't wait to get it!

I wasn't able to buy me a Pebble though. The $89 sale at Best Buy was done. Although They announced the Pebble Steel which IMO looks great and I'll try to save for that instead.

I hope I didn't make a bad choice. Battery life is really on my priority list, that's why I didn't try to save up for the Nexus 5.

I really really can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moto G | XT1032 - 174.44.1.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US - Rooted
HTC One X | SOLD (Gonna miss my HOX.)
Nexus 7 2012 | CM11 KitKat

DarkDarth
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I got the Moto G after my One X stopped working. My research suggested that the One X, Nexus 4 and the Moto G were quite similar. In practise, it was similar to the One X, the differences that I've noticed:
  • The screen size is slightly smaller but not by much. You have quite large bezzels at the top and bottom - there is less screen space because there are no hardware buttons at the bottom as there were on the One X which I find annoying.
  • It seems to be a bit slower than the One X. Transitioning between apps can be a bit delayed at times.
  • The camera is significantly worse, but I prefer the camera app.
  • Battery life may be a bit better (I'm not sure to be honest). However, this may be because I am comparing to a one+ year old phone, and I had a problem with the wifi draining battery (but only with a particular router).

I also switched to CyanogenMod eventually, so the comparison may be slightly inaccurate.

For this price (and anything significantly higher), I would definitely recommend the phone.