Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] after new baseband no calls

OP robatkills

8th January 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss

Had the same thing yesterday, tried all sorts of modems, with no avail.

Ended up flashing a stock rooted Rom (MGA), flashing a custom recovery and restored a Nandroid. Forgot that flashing a complete stock Rom usually also wipes the internal SD so that was a bit of a hassle.

Now, running a new Rom again, with Wifi, sound and being able to make/receive calls again. Easiest fix also: flash a (compatible) stock Rom

Thank you mate. I also found (5 sec before I read your post) this post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...68&postcount=2

So, everything works now. The short version for other guys with the problems is:
- flash stock rom via Odin (PDA)
- you can find the stock rom for your country at sammobile.com
- also use the "pit-file" of the linked post (but I don't know, what the pit-file is changing?!)
optional:
- re-root your device again, because now it is not rooted
- new custom rom

Thanks for every help!!!
Robert
8th January 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #12  
Flag Heusden, Limburg
Thanks Meter: 9

39 posts
More
Try flashing ML6 Firmware and ML6 Modem (and Wi-Fi fix if needed), had the same issue but after doing so it's fixed.

Occured 1 time again, did a cache wipe didn't occur in 2days now.
9th January 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #13  
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 770

3,061 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guller

Try flashing ML6 Firmware and ML6 Modem (and Wi-Fi fix if needed), had the same issue but after doing so it's fixed.

Occured 1 time again, did a cache wipe didn't occur in 2days now.

Except flashing the Wifi Fix was the thing I did to ruin it all. Don't flash a "new" Wifi fix using an old bootloader. You will lose sound/being able to make calls. It's the thing that messed it all up over here.
9th January 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #14  
Flag Heusden, Limburg
Thanks Meter: 9

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss

Except flashing the Wifi Fix was the thing I did to ruin it all. Don't flash a "new" Wifi fix using an old bootloader. You will lose sound/being able to make calls. It's the thing that messed it all up over here.

I was already on the new bootloader.I've flashed Original FW, Modem + Wi-Fi fix and it fixed my phone. (Possibly also PIT but can't remember)
It can be that our problems were different but produced the same problem.. I'm not a dev nor do I understand everything about Android.
I can be wrong, but that's how I fixed my phone. Just trying to help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread