Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 Low Battery Precautions - battery brightness missing

Tip us?

ryanrazer
Old
(Last edited by ryanrazer; 8th January 2014 at 08:28 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Info 2 Note 3 Low Battery Precautions - battery brightness missing

Hey, i just wanted to let you guys know about Note 3 low battery precautions.
I was using my phone as usual, as i noticed there was brightness slider missing from notification pull-down menu. I immediately checked under: settings-> device -> notification panel ->Brighteness adjustment and setting was checked!

As i became furious, i unchecked and checked that option but it was still missing. At that point i was really upset as this feature is VERY IMPORTANT for me (quick access to brightness). So i rebooted my phone and tryed again, no success. In panic i started checking every thing on my phone, all processes i deactivated (all share play and stuff like that i don't need etc etc...) all defaults than i tought some third party app was to blame for that (many apps can not be removed from notification pull down menu (unfortunately))...
Than i checked if i can adjust brighteness manually in display settings and when i saw that that function was gray (unusable) it hit me... i saw my battery was very low, 3% so i figured this is the reason.
Phone disables the ability to change brightness. Furthermore i couldn't use camera and my music app shuted down at 1% level...

So next time you see brightness slider missing from notification pull down meni, check your battery level... it sure made my heart beat a litle faster...

Cheers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryanrazer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 428
Lol hahahahaha u didnt know?

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app

ryanrazer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
Lol hahahahaha u didnt know?

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
I did not.. my first Samsung smarphone i was really worried about my brightness slider!

Dahdoul
Old
Thanks Meter 37
LOL 😂

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
NOTE 3 SM-N9005

Hit THANKS if I helped.
Tags
battery, brightness, brightness control doesn't work, low battery