Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sd partition problem.

Tip us?

sadler123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] sd partition problem.

hi every one..
i have a problem with my samsung 32g class 10 sd card , i wanted to make a second partition using mini tool, i chose ext2 as a second partition and when i opened link2sd app it asked me to chose the file system of the second partition , again i chose ext2 , it asked me to reboot the device. i rebooted it and when i opened link2sd the same message that asked me to chose the file system of the second partition appeared again and when i chose ext2 this message appeared: "mount script cannot be created. mount invalid argument"
i returned to mini tool and tried both ext3 ext4 with no success. and when i tried fat32 as a second partition it created but when i try to link any app on link2sd it fails to link it.
plz can any one tell me what should I do.
thanks in advance.

sadler123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ii

come on guys..not a single replay!!!!

elvhizs
Old
Thanks Meter 3
is your device rooted? and please check what extension your device supports. i think most device supports ext4

karan luniyal
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadler123 View Post
hi every one..
i have a problem with my samsung 32g class 10 sd card , i wanted to make a second partition using mini tool, i chose ext2 as a second partition and when i opened link2sd app it asked me to chose the file system of the second partition , again i chose ext2 , it asked me to reboot the device. i rebooted it and when i opened link2sd the same message that asked me to chose the file system of the second partition appeared again and when i chose ext2 this message appeared: "mount script cannot be created. mount invalid argument"
i returned to mini tool and tried both ext3 ext4 with no success. and when i tried fat32 as a second partition it created but when i try to link any app on link2sd it fails to link it.
plz can any one tell me what should I do.
thanks in advance.
try making partion ext3 or ext 4
hit thanks if helped <<<<<

snx413
Old
Thanks Meter 2
may be you missed somethink on sd partition step
those can help you i think http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1432459

sadler123
Old
(Last edited by sadler123; 9th January 2014 at 12:38 PM.) Reason: add some details
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by snx413 View Post
may be you missed somethink on sd partition step
those can help you i think http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1432459
MY DEVICE IS ROOTED,
I have tried these steps but didn't work on my 32g sd, I tried the same steps befor on a 2g & 4g & 16g sd cards and it worked. but on 32g It didnt work. I don't know why:'( ..plz heeeeeelp!

snx413
Old
Thanks Meter 2
it seems link2sd work with 32gb so i dont know why not taking your if you did all well
try this may be it will work
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...96&postcount=2