Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

HTC ONE 64gb 4.06.1540.3 system update

OP bondarun

9th January 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #1  
bondarun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 22
 
288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Guys am new to HTC ONE...

Just got the device from a local guy, he claimed that the device is a Developer edition.
When to Bootloader menu and found that S-ON and Bootloader was unlocked...

Its has been rooted and TWRP installed.. ( no stock recovery in it )

so now am getting a update flash on my screen for 4.06.1540.3 (180mb)
Is it safe to do so or shall i skip it?

Currently on
Android version 4.4
HTC sense version 5.5
Software number 4.06.1540.2
HTC SDK API lvl 5.65
9th January 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #2  
DaiC1's Avatar
Member
Flag Newport Wales
Thanks Meter: 4
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondarun

Guys am new to HTC ONE...

Just got the device from a local guy, he claimed that the device is a Developer edition.
When to Bootloader menu and found that S-ON and Bootloader was unlocked...

Its has been rooted and TWRP installed.. ( no stock recovery in it )

so now am getting a update flash on my screen for 4.06.1540.3 (180mb)
Is it safe to do so or shall i skip it?

Currently on
Android version 4.4
HTC sense version 5.5
Software number 4.06.1540.2
HTC SDK API lvl 5.65

Sorry mate I'm no expert either but I thought you could'nt get OTA updates without stock bootlader!! confused

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiC1

Sorry mate I'm no expert either but I thought you could'nt get OTA updates without stock bootlader!! confused

Recovery not bootloader {tried editing post but could'nt}
9th January 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 33
 
160 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondarun

Guys am new to HTC ONE...

Just got the device from a local guy, he claimed that the device is a Developer edition.
When to Bootloader menu and found that S-ON and Bootloader was unlocked...

Its has been rooted and TWRP installed.. ( no stock recovery in it )

so now am getting a update flash on my screen for 4.06.1540.3 (180mb)
Is it safe to do so or shall i skip it?

Currently on
Android version 4.4
HTC sense version 5.5
Software number 4.06.1540.2
HTC SDK API lvl 5.65

It won't work with a custom recovery. You need the stock recovery. If he changed something in /system it will also fail.
9th January 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #4  
bondarun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 22
 
288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
So anyway to flash back stock recovery without messing up the device settings apps sms etc...
9th January 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
948 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Find a developer edition ruu. Run it through twrp and follow aroma installer. And developer edition is usually S-OFF and bootloader unlocked already.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
9th January 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #6  
bondarun's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 22
 
288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathlynn22

Find a developer edition ruu. Run it through twrp and follow aroma installer. And developer edition is usually S-OFF and bootloader unlocked already.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

mine is S-ON...
Its a AT&T HTC ONE 64gig model...

so it means that mine is not a dev edition?
9th January 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
948 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
I don't no if they do a standard 64gig

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
9th January 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Had the same thing with my Developer Edition S-On; if you have TWRP but everything else stock you'll get the notification and download for the update, but it won't install.

I used the stock recovery from the Android Revolution download page and it worked fine. No changes to settings or data and I could install the update afterwards no problem.

Can't add the link to the download page, sorry... too few posts. Scroll down to the "click here" on this Android Revolution thread and it'll take you there.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2183023

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes