5,600,984 Members 43,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*No signal strength after multiple flashes and recoveries

Tip us?

killacam1989
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I was poking around in my efs folder and went to Factory Apps and found a factory mode script. I opened it up in RB text editor and found that the script said on so I assume that it being on must have had something to do with the call feature. I changed the script from on to off and saved it. Soon after I tried making a bunch of calls its been working flawlessly but in exchange the lockscreen will not show up nor does the option to reboot/power off/airplaine mode shows up. Im going to Keep testing the calls in the meantime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

ibfromoakcali
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Im experiencing a problem nearly identical to yours. I have an i317 unlocked using a Tmobile SIM. Everything was working fine until I flashed a rom (I believe I accidentally flashed a rom with a Tmobile radio which boot looped the phone). After fixing the bootloop and flashing the cyanogen mod rom, I started experiencing the frequently dropped signal.

I have downgraded and gone back to stock several times which has not fixed the problem

After reading this thread I changed the factory mode script to off, but it doesn't seem to have affected the radio performance.

I remember reading that the partition could possibly be corrupted in a bad flash. What is the best way to reformat the partion?

Any help greatly appreciated

killacam1989
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Did you reboot the phone afterwards?

killacam1989
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yea still no luck. But after about 3 days and a crapload of flashes I ended up flashing jedix20 and added the alexander theme..which suprised the hell out of me...the stock jedi had less signal bars like 1 or 2. I flashed alexander theme and my bars are from 2-4 with 4 being the best. Everything seems to be working. I had also did a test and made sure that my Network in setting was registered to the HOME network. That may have played a factor as to why the network wouldnt work even with signal bars. I flashed JediMasterX2 and ran across an issue like that. I flashed the att carrier files and it didnt work. Then I flashed the 7105 version and checked the Network operators and searched for a network. It pulled up AT&T and Verizon and when I chose AT&T and it registered my phone everything started working. I dont really like messing with the system files but I investigated the Jedimaster zip and looked under Jedi> carrier> att> and opened up the cscversion.txt under rb text editor and it showed an incorrect version. I317ATTAMA4....which im assuming was supposed to be I317ATTUCAMA4. Also under the SW Configuration. Xml the csc version was still the same. AMA4 it may be nothing but I would have thought it would have needed to match up. Ill have to look into it some more. I really want to update but hell idk. Might be done trying to flash roms on this device if everything works right

killacam1989
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Would the phone having factory test and factory mode on the phone affect it any. I seem to have 2 factory mode apps with one being 560kb and the other 84kb. I don't know if those could affect the signal performance