Nexus 7 2013 WIFI update fails

Tip us?

Guybrush.d
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Nexus 7 2013 WIFI update fails

Hi everybody and happy 2014 from Italy!
For this Christmas i decide to get a tablet and i choose the nexus 7, i bought it from a guy coming from ipad
he bought the table on 24th Dec and i get i 3th Jan for a cheap price. I started to configure the tablet and everything
worked fine till i ota updated it. The update fails and after the reboot the device begin to freeze while running angry birds.
This is very strange, so i started to check around on how to update it and after many searches i always fall down in the update
fail error. I tried first to flash android kitkat through adb sideload and i got the message :

assert_failed: apply_patch_check("/system/lib/libchormeview.so"...
E:Error in /tmp/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

the i tried to fastboot a previous firmware update from google development site (JSS15R) and i got the same message.
My tablet runs the JWR66N firmware, i wouldn't root, unlock the bootloader or even flash a custom rom for the
moment i would like first keep it as it is for a couple of weeks and than start to search a good custom rom.
I tried to search this forum but i didn't find a solution that fits my needs, anybody has may help me?
Pleaze HELP!!! THANKS in ADVANCE! CIAO!

PS.: The OTG doesn't work with current firmware do i have to flash a custom rom to use it or it is supported in next update?

Pandae
Old
Thanks Meter 39
It sounds like he's tweaked at least one core file, such that you can't get the OTA update. Since you don't know what he's done, I would recommend that you root and flash the stock 4.4.2 ROM (which is unrooted). You will need to unlock first and also install the generic Nexus 7 drivers.

You can get the full 4.4.2 from here. There's a file "flash-all.bat" within that will flash the stock recovery and 4.4.2: https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images#razor

Drivers are here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html

You can use WugFresh's Nexus 7 toolkit to unroot and flash custom ROMs. It also has a copy of fastboot, I believe, which you'll need to unlock. Or you can get fastboot and ADB from here.

USB OTG doesn't work unless you're rooted, or unless you use an app like Nexus Media Importer (costs a few dollars).

wantabe
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush.d View Post
Hi everybody and happy 2014 from Italy!
For this Christmas i decide to get a tablet and i choose the nexus 7, i bought it from a guy coming from ipad
he bought the table on 24th Dec and i get i 3th Jan for a cheap price. I started to configure the tablet and everything
worked fine till i ota updated it. The update fails and after the reboot the device begin to freeze while running angry birds.
This is very strange, so i started to check around on how to update it and after many searches i always fall down in the update
fail error. I tried first to flash android kitkat through adb sideload and i got the message :

assert_failed: apply_patch_check("/system/lib/libchormeview.so"...
E:Error in /tmp/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

the i tried to fastboot a previous firmware update from google development site (JSS15R) and i got the same message.
My tablet runs the JWR66N firmware, i wouldn't root, unlock the bootloader or even flash a custom rom for the
moment i would like first keep it as it is for a couple of weeks and than start to search a good custom rom.
I tried to search this forum but i didn't find a solution that fits my needs, anybody has may help me?
Pleaze HELP!!! THANKS in ADVANCE! CIAO!

PS.: The OTG doesn't work with current firmware do i have to flash a custom rom to use it or it is supported in next update?
These are just wild suggestions on my part. Uninstall all of the Chrome browser updates. If you're using Chrome Beta uninstall that, like I said these are just guesses on my part but the libchromeview makes me suspect the Chrome browser and uninstalling the updates won't hurt anything. Reboot then try the update again. If it fails do a factory reset then try again. If it still doesn't work you will need to flash the system image or the stock rom and of course to do either you will at the very least need an unlocked bootloader. OTG needs root and to use the app Stickmount.
"Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"

AT&T HTC One X - 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ElementalX
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
Nexus 4 8GB-Moved to Better Home!
Nexus 7 16GB-Moved to Better Home!.
Nexus 7 32GB-Moved to Better Home!
The Following User Says Thank You to wantabe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]