5,596,637 Members 41,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why won't cyanogen install? CWM? Please Help.

Tip us?

Pknk
Old
(Last edited by Pknk; 6th January 2014 at 01:09 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Why won't cyanogen install? CWM? Please Help.

Followed the instructions to root and install cyanogen onto my Nook HD+ device (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317500) I can boot off my micro sd into CWM based recovery. I can also maneuver through that menu easily. Yes I've downloaded all the "correct" files needed.
1) Following the links provided by xda, I attained all the necessary files needed to install cyanogen. (Funny thing is that the file names did not correspond with the directions provided.) So now what?
2) I'm trying to install the files from zip, but the only successful install was from gapps (tested it to see if anything would work). CWM recovery=install aborted. CM=Installation aborted.

Can anyone provide me with assistance?
Maybe I can just restore my nook hd+ back to its original state? i still have the backup made.
I just formatted the sd card. Going to try the process from scratch.

JanSpatschek
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Does it say which kind of Status the error has? Like e.g. "Status 7"? This will help troubleshooting.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4
Phone: HTC Sensation
ROM: CM 11 by SultanXDA
Kernel: Pure Kernel 1.3.1 by SultanXDA
Recovery: 4EXT Touch v1.0.0.6 RC1
Accessories: Casemate Solid Case | Anker 1900 mAh | Sandisk 16 GB Class 10

Phone history: Motorola RAZR (2004) - Sony Ericsson W350i - BlackBerry 8830 - HTC ChaCha - HTC HD2 - HTC Sensation

Tablet: Nook HD+
ROM: CM 10.2 Stable
Kernel: 8x8 Fuzz Kernel by drmarble
Recovery: CWM v6.0.3.6
Accessories: FINTIE Slim Fit Folio Case | Sandisk 16 GB Class 10

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pknk View Post
Followed the instructions to root and install cyanogen onto my Nook HD+ device (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317500) I can boot off my micro sd into CWM based recovery. I can also maneuver through that menu easily. Yes I've downloaded all the "correct" files needed.
1) Following the links provided by xda, I attained all the necessary files needed to install cyanogen. (Funny thing is that the file names did not correspond with the directions provided.) So now what?
2) I'm trying to install the files from zip, but the only successful install was from gapps (tested it to see if anything would work). CWM recovery=install aborted. CM=Installation aborted.

Can anyone provide me with assistance?
Maybe I can just restore my nook hd+ back to its original state? i still have the backup made.
I just formatted the sd card. Going to try the process from scratch.
If you truly have the HD+ (the 9" model) then the names should have ovation in them. If you have the HD (the 7" model) then the names should have hummingbird in them. I suspect you got the wrong files for your device.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here

Pknk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
If you truly have the HD+ (the 9" model) then the names should have ovation in them. If you have the HD (the 7" model) then the names should have hummingbird in them. I suspect you got the wrong files for your device.

That is a safe assumption. First off, thank you for responding to my post. The link I provided is for the dummy proof installation of cyanogen. The links provided for the downloads are not difficult to find, and therefore should not be difficult to download. My statement must have been misinterpreted. I did download the correct files, according to the links. My theory is that these links have been updated, but the instructions have not. Therefore with the updated data and file names, there are missing correspondence with dated manual. I hope this brings some clarity to my earlier post.

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That is a safe assumption. First off, thank you for responding to my post. The link I provided is for the dummy proof installation of cyanogen. The links provided for the downloads are not difficult to find, and therefore should not be difficult to download. My statement must have been misinterpreted. I did download the correct files, according to the links. My theory is that these links have been updated, but the instructions have not. Therefore with the updated data and file names, there are missing correspondence with dated manual. I hope this brings some clarity to my earlier post.
You said the names did not match what was in the post, so I considered that the ovation/hummingbird could be what not matched. And you said the gapps installed and the CM/recoveries aborted. Assert failures for the wrong device would cause an abort. Gapps have no asserts.

And I am still not clear what you were saying. You asked for help, which I tried to give.

Pknk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
You said the names did not match what was in the post, so I considered that the ovation/hummingbird could be what not matched. And you said the gapps installed and the CM/recoveries aborted. Assert failures for the wrong device would cause an abort. Gapps have no asserts.

And I am still not clear what you were saying. You asked for help, which I tried to give.

You are a Recognized Contributor on this site, and have been a member since 2006. I have only just joined. I'm sorry if I might have offended you in my earlier replies. I hope you can understand my frustration. I thought I had bricked my device, and rendered it useless. As a matter of fact, my nook hd+ is back in its original state and working as it should. Again, I'd like to thank you for replying to my post. The install for cyanogen proved to be unsuccessful despite our best efforts.

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You are a Recognized Contributor on this site, and have been a member since 2006. I have only just joined. I'm sorry if I might have offended you in my earlier replies. I hope you can understand my frustration. I thought I had bricked my device, and rendered it useless. As a matter of fact, my nook hd+ is back in its original state and working as it should. Again, I'd like to thank you for replying to my post. The install for cyanogen proved to be unsuccessful despite our best efforts.
If you are using the newest version of CWM (6045), there is a problem that causes assert errors. Make sure you are using an older version.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app