Best fully working custom rom

Tip us?

Dri94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 544

DONATE TO ME
Default Best fully working custom rom

I'm just looking for a fully working custom rom to put on this phone. I need everything working. THis isnt my phoen which is why im not scouring the threads myself. If anyone can help thatll be great.

ameer1234567890
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1668
Try CM10.2 which is the most stable custom ROM for this device. Also, you can try CM11 which is pretty stable too.
Samsung Relay 4G SGH-T699
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.2
Kernel: 3.4.66-cyanogenmod-g7fcdbcf
Recovery: CWM-based Recovery v6.0.4.4

My Tools:
Please press the thanks button or buy me something from my wishlist, if you liked my work. Alternatively you can also buy me an ebay Gift Card or send me bitcoins.
The Following User Says Thank You to ameer1234567890 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameer1234567890 View Post
Try CM10.2 which is the most stable custom ROM for this device. Also, you can try CM11 which is pretty stable too.
does 10.2 support wifi calling?

Magamo
Old
Thanks Meter 192
To my knowledge, no custom image for any phone supports Tmobile's current implementation of WiFi Calling. If someone can prove me wrong, I would personally adore it.

That said, Almost any Image can be made to support SIP and VoIP, which is essentially what Tmo's WiFi Calling is, without the ability to use your usual Tmobile mobile number.
TeamApexQ -- irc.freenode.net/#apexqtmo
The Following User Says Thank You to Magamo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jgummeson
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magamo View Post
To my knowledge, no custom image for any phone supports Tmobile's current implementation of WiFi Calling. If someone can prove me wrong, I would personally adore it.

That said, Almost any Image can be made to support SIP and VoIP, which is essentially what Tmo's WiFi Calling is, without the ability to use your usual Tmobile mobile number.
I'm coming from the HTC G2 and for awhile I had a custom ROM with WiFi calling. Technically I think I had to install it as an addon after I flashed the ROM but it shows it's been done. Here's the original thread where it was posted: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1664106. Was able to get WiFi calling on ICS even though there was never a stock ICS ROM for the G2.

So it might be in the realm of possibilities. I do know that the G2 had a lot more dev activity though.

orange808
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgummeson View Post
I'm coming from the HTC G2 and for awhile I had a custom ROM with WiFi calling. Technically I think I had to install it as an addon after I flashed the ROM but it shows it's been done. Here's the original thread where it was posted: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1664106. Was able to get WiFi calling on ICS even though there was never a stock ICS ROM for the G2.

So it might be in the realm of possibilities. I do know that the G2 had a lot more dev activity though.
Ok.

It's possible.

However, T-Mo pushes out plenty of updates to their Wi-Fi calling that aren't aimed at improving service; they are released to break custom implementations. The difficulty of porting and maintaining Wi-Fi calling is the reason it probably won't happen on this device.

Regardless, there is no 100% perfect custom rom that will shower you with perfect mana from the heavens above and make poo smell like cinnamon rolls.

Every rom (including stock TouchWiz) is a tradeoff. That's just life.
while(devo){
feed;
breed;
pump gas;
cheeseburger;
}
*/ Do it again!

rad30n
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameer1234567890 View Post
+1 CM10.2 stable is working great

Magamo
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgummeson View Post

I believe this is the old implementation of Wifi calling, which T-Mobile changed mid 2012, before the release of the Relay. There's a nearly $1500 bounty posted somewhere for someone to get the new implementation working for modern phones on AOSP based images.
TeamApexQ -- irc.freenode.net/#apexqtmo

jgummeson
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magamo View Post
I believe this is the old implementation of Wifi calling, which T-Mobile changed mid 2012, before the release of the Relay. There's a nearly $1500 bounty posted somewhere for someone to get the new implementation working for modern phones on AOSP based images.
Yeah you're right, it was the old implementation. Realized you specified the "new implementation" after I posted.