XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS Not Receives by Recipient

Tip us?

serpent2005
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default SMS Not Receives by Recipient

I'm experiencing a strange problem. I recently upgraded to a note 3 and my wife recently upgraded to an iPhone 5s. Ever since these upgrades my wife has not been receiving my SMS messages. She is able to receive MMS messages from me. Others that have the 5s can receive SMS from me. Had anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

dpaik
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent2005 View Post
I'm experiencing a strange problem. I recently upgraded to a note 3 and my wife recently upgraded to an iPhone 5s. Ever since these upgrades my wife has not been receiving my SMS messages. She is able to receive MMS messages from me. Others that have the 5s can receive SMS from me. Had anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
you didn't de-register from iMessage..you have to do this otherwise it'll keep going to your inactive apple acct..the geniuses over at the genius bar didn't tell you that I suppose
Galaxy S Cappy (AT&T) - CyanogenMod 11 KK Nightly
Galaxy SII (AT&T) - Shostock3 v4.0 JB
OG Galaxy Tab 7" (P1000)(AT&T) - Official CM11 KK Nightly
Nexus 7.2 (32GB)(Flo) - Clean Rom(KK) / ElementalX
Galaxy Note 3(AT&T) - Stock KK 4.4.2
LG G2 (AT&T) - Stock KK 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to dpaik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

serpent2005
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
I don't think this is it. I had a Note 2 before upgrading to the Note 3 and I didn't experience this problem with the Note 2. I've been on the phone with AT&T tech support on this issue and they now suspect something is wrong with my wife's iPhone 5S because they can see the message getting sent from my device (Note 3) to her device (iPhone 5S) across their network. Yet it doesn't show on her phone. Actually, just yesterday my wife received all of the SMS messages I've sent to her over the last few days all at once -- something like 24 messages. So far she's been receiving my SMS messages as normal now since they all came in at once yesterday so I don't know what the problem was. Tech support wanted her to do a factory reset on her phone, but she didn't do that because it would erase all her text messages.

serpent2005
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
UPDATE:

I'm pretty confident I know how to duplicate the problem now. This seems to happen when I turn on SMS support in Google Hangouts. I'm using Hangouts build 2.0.217 and as soon as I enable Settings->SMS->Turn on SMS in Hangouts I experience this problem. I have no idea why it happens and why it happens only for a specific phone number. I've turned off that setting and am back with using the stock messenger now. I hesitate to turn it on again because it usually takes a few days for all the messages I send to get to my wife's phone.