Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Easiest and cleanest method to reset Sprint LS980?

OP orbitalcomp

7th January 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

37 posts
More
I'm using a Sprint G2 LS980 that is running stock ZV8 firmware, rooted with IORoot 1.1 and with TWRP 2.6.3.3. I've never installed any ROMs on it, only mods are Xposed Framework with G2 Tweaksbox, G2 Xposed, and App Settings.

I'm selling it to a relative and he wants it to be rooted, so it can either remain rooted or I can always run IORoot again when the phone is cleared.

What is the best way to get this back to fully stock and erase all of my data, settings, and apps? I want it to be just like out of the box.

I've read this thread, but it looks like the Sprint owners have very little success:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

Is part of the solution using the stock odexed ZV8 ROM here in this thread?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2560115

In the past with my Sprint Note 2, there was an easy flashable reset utility that someone made to completely remove root, any type of modification flag, and set it back to factory. The G2 looks like it needs a different route, and I just want to make sure I don't brick the phone.

Thanks in advance!
9th January 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

37 posts
More
I decided to go ahead and run the "Wipe" function from within TWRP, did the factory reset option. Looks good so far, everything was erased and wiped back to stock, out of the box. Once I saw this worked the way I hoped, I went back into TWRP and wiped my internal storage, so everything is cleared out now.

I do have a question: Would the phone still be rooted, or do I have to reroot it now?

If it's still rooted, do I just reinstall SuperSU and go from there?

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread