Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 43,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No more GPS on any rom

Tip us?

KaiserSose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] No more GPS on any rom

Hi all,
this is my first XDA post
My gps doesn't work anymore on my HTC Sensation 4G: after 15 minutes it still doesn't get the position.
Tried different navigators (maps, osmand) and specific tools (GPS status & toolbox) -- I've flashed different roms (CM 10.2/11 with Sultan Kernel, Miui V5) but the problem is still there. Location is (obviously) active both for google and in generic settings.

What would you do to understand if the gps module is broken?

Here are some info about current configuration

Android 4.3.1 @sultan ION 50.5
Baseband 11.68.3504.00P_11.21.3504.13_2

Thanks for any help

blogodoblogodo
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Which ROm did you use,
Try this agps.patch.google.build.nossl.v3.1.zip

This is a flashable zip onto Recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to blogodoblogodo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emperorsuresh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I discovered that GPS is dependent on the Gapps that you have flashed. Please chose the correct gapps package relevant to your ROM and it will lock like a breeze.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

blogodoblogodo
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Try a Sensed ROm without GAPPS

KaiserSose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogodoblogodo View Post
Which ROm did you use,
Try this [still can't post url ... ]
This is a flashable zip onto Recovery
It worked! I honestly didn't think since I flashed 3 different Roms without success (always with full wipe). With both maps and tuttocittanav (italian free offline nav) it took the signal in less than 20 seconds! The only problem I'm having is with OsmAnd navigator but It is the app.

I flashed the cm 10.2 and cm 11 both of jan 4 from Android1234567 (with ION mm). I also flashed 2 different MIUI versions (3.12.20 and 3.12.27).
As far as the GAPPS version I always download the one linked in the Rom thread post.

Thanks a lot!

blogodoblogodo
Old
(Last edited by blogodoblogodo; 9th January 2014 at 02:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserSose View Post
It worked! I honestly didn't think since I flashed 3 different Roms without success (always with full wipe). With both maps and tuttocittanav (italian free offline nav) it took the signal in less than 20 seconds! The only problem I'm having is with OsmAnd navigator but It is the app.

I flashed the cm 10.2 and cm 11 both of jan 4 from Android1234567 (with ION mm). I also flashed 2 different MIUI versions (3.12.20 and 3.12.27).
As far as the GAPPS version I always download the one linked in the Rom thread post.

Thanks a lot!
GLad to see your issue solved

Please click on the "THANKS" button just below my nickname
The Following User Says Thank You to blogodoblogodo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KaiserSose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blogodoblogodo View Post
GLad to see your issue solved

Please click on the "THANKS" button just below my nickname
Done couple of times
Since I'm a new user I can't put links in my posts (neither quoting urls from post I'm answering) -- in the Dev section you linked to my post but here people won't find the url, you'd better link to your solution post. I answer you there cause I can't write in Dev area

cheers