5,604,730 Members 33,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to disable auto-screen off?

Tip us?

EvilTrance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to disable auto-screen off?

Forgive me if this was answered somewhere else, but I have not been able to find any information anywhere. I am not sure if my search terms are weak or what.

Okay, here is my question. How do I disable the auto-screen off feature? Meaning, when I hold the One in my hand and flick my wrist downward, the screen turns off by itself. I have looked into every setting on the phone but can not find any switch for it.

I am running OneDriod rom (cyanogenMod). I am unsure if the rom is causing this, as I remember it doing the same thing with stock.

Again, if this was answered elsewhere, feel free to delete/lock this thread. I was hesitant to even create this thread.

kamilmirza
Old
(Last edited by kamilmirza; 9th January 2014 at 05:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTrance View Post
Forgive me if this was answered somewhere else, but I have not been able to find any information anywhere. I am not sure if my search terms are weak or what.

Okay, here is my question. How do I disable the auto-screen off feature? Meaning, when I hold the One in my hand and flick my wrist downward, the screen turns off by itself. I have looked into every setting on the phone but can not find any switch for it.

I am running OneDriod rom (cyanogenMod). I am unsure if the rom is causing this, as I remember it doing the same thing with stock.

Again, if this was answered elsewhere, feel free to delete/lock this thread. I was hesitant to even create this thread.
you must be using tbalden's or neo's kernel for CM11
this feature is called Flick 2 Wake/Sleep
hit the THANKS button if helped
Google Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to kamilmirza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EvilTrance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza View Post
you must be using tbalden's kernel
this feature is called Flick 2 Wake/Sleep
Thanks for the reply. I will be honest and say I have no idea if that is what it is. I have seen no reference to it on my phone or in any settings, etc. Though it seems my phone only turns off when I flick my wrist (or any other slight jerking action). However, it does not wake the phone up with a flick, it just turns the screen off. It is super annoying and I can not find the switch to turn it off.

kamilmirza
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I will be honest and say I have no idea if that is what it is. I have seen no reference to it on my phone or in any settings, etc. Though it seems my phone only turns off when I flick my wrist (or any other slight jerking action). However, it does not wake the phone up with a flick, it just turns the screen off. It is super annoying and I can not find the switch to turn it off.
it must be in settings
or you can use Trickster MOD from PlayStore to disable it
Google Nexus 5

EvilTrance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza View Post
it must be in settings
or you can use Trickster MOD from PlayStore to disable it
Thanks, that tool seems to be doing the trick. I can not believe this was so hard to figure out. I am normally pretty good at these sorts of things. Thanks again!

kamilmirza
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
I am normally pretty good at these sorts of things
lol yeah i can see that
Google Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to kamilmirza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]