[Q] How to disable auto-screen off?

9th January 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Forgive me if this was answered somewhere else, but I have not been able to find any information anywhere. I am not sure if my search terms are weak or what.

Okay, here is my question. How do I disable the auto-screen off feature? Meaning, when I hold the One in my hand and flick my wrist downward, the screen turns off by itself. I have looked into every setting on the phone but can not find any switch for it.

I am running OneDriod rom (cyanogenMod). I am unsure if the rom is causing this, as I remember it doing the same thing with stock.

Again, if this was answered elsewhere, feel free to delete/lock this thread. I was hesitant to even create this thread.
9th January 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 290

1,162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTrance

Forgive me if this was answered somewhere else, but I have not been able to find any information anywhere. I am not sure if my search terms are weak or what.

Okay, here is my question. How do I disable the auto-screen off feature? Meaning, when I hold the One in my hand and flick my wrist downward, the screen turns off by itself. I have looked into every setting on the phone but can not find any switch for it.

I am running OneDriod rom (cyanogenMod). I am unsure if the rom is causing this, as I remember it doing the same thing with stock.

Again, if this was answered elsewhere, feel free to delete/lock this thread. I was hesitant to even create this thread.

you must be using tbalden's or neo's kernel for CM11
this feature is called Flick 2 Wake/Sleep
Last edited by kamilmirza; 9th January 2014 at 05:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kamilmirza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

you must be using tbalden's kernel
this feature is called Flick 2 Wake/Sleep

Thanks for the reply. I will be honest and say I have no idea if that is what it is. I have seen no reference to it on my phone or in any settings, etc. Though it seems my phone only turns off when I flick my wrist (or any other slight jerking action). However, it does not wake the phone up with a flick, it just turns the screen off. It is super annoying and I can not find the switch to turn it off.
9th January 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag Lahore

1,162 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I will be honest and say I have no idea if that is what it is. I have seen no reference to it on my phone or in any settings, etc. Though it seems my phone only turns off when I flick my wrist (or any other slight jerking action). However, it does not wake the phone up with a flick, it just turns the screen off. It is super annoying and I can not find the switch to turn it off.

it must be in settings
or you can use Trickster MOD from PlayStore to disable it
9th January 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

it must be in settings
or you can use Trickster MOD from PlayStore to disable it

Thanks, that tool seems to be doing the trick. I can not believe this was so hard to figure out. I am normally pretty good at these sorts of things. Thanks again!
9th January 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag Lahore

1,162 posts
More
Quote:

I am normally pretty good at these sorts of things

lol yeah i can see that
The Following User Says Thank You to kamilmirza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread