Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Have you noticed the same problem ?
Yes, mine is the same 3 75.00%
No, never heard of this before 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Very bad call quality

Tip us?

zgript
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Very bad call quality

Android 4.3

I want to check if it`s something fixable or if others have the same problem.

I tryed all the exrtas and checked/unchecked them with little to no result ( microphone noise supresion, speaker voice enhancement, slow talk )

* Turning equalizer to bright made it a little better but still bad.

Problem is the call quality is very bad, and the person speaking looks lifeless and slowed down and stoped, like the data decided to take a break and not maintain a steady speed between the phones,

Makes you think the person speaking with you is ill or something, and that is pretty scary, and it`s not just me, everyone who used my phone was scared and worried that the one they spoken too is not feeling right and something has happened to them. I have to explain that " it`s the phone and i don`t know why ", and that all is ok and sometimes call them to demonstrate it`s not the persons fault, it`s something about how the voice and the phone.

ghostman2
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgript View Post
Android 4.3

I want to check if it`s something fixable or if others have the same problem.

I tryed all the exrtas and checked/unchecked them with little to no result ( microphone noise supresion, speaker voice enhancement, slow talk )

* Turning equalizer to bright made it a little better but still bad.

Problem is the call quality is very bad, and the person speaking looks lifeless and slowed down and stoped, like the data decided to take a break and not maintain a steady speed between the phones,

Makes you think the person speaking with you is ill or something, and that is pretty scary, and it`s not just me, everyone who used my phone was scared and worried that the one they spoken too is not feeling right and something has happened to them. I have to explain that " it`s the phone and i don`t know why ", and that all is ok and sometimes call them to demonstrate it`s not the persons fault, it`s something about how the voice and the phone.
Did you put your phone into water someday? My 1 Z1 (now im on my 3rd one, finally working) i drop into the water and right after i used to call and it was very strange like someone was taping the speaker...

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 615
I never had this problem even after put it under water, depends always how under water the phone was, mine just few minuts but no problem with calls at all.

ghostman2
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
I never had this problem even after put it under water, depends always how under water the phone was, mine just few minuts but no problem with calls at all.
Lets say that i tried "a little bit too deep"....
But now i wont put it into water anymore, at least for me theres no need to do that.