Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,931 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Continual Boot to TWRP [T-Mo]

Tip us?

jwagman1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcrush390 View Post
no worries friend! I almost went crazy last night trying to find a fix!! Here what fixed mine!

You need to be extremely cautious when typing this in:

Go to advanced in twrp and run terminal

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit go
after it pushes through again type:

Dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc
then hit enter and reboot.[color="silver"]
this worked perfectly!!! Thanks sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!

coldcrush390
Old
Thanks Meter 1336
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4ylr View Post
Are those commands pushable through ADB? For whatever reason when I get to the Terminal Command through TWRP it wants me to navigate to a different directory and there's no command line to type things in. I've always been a CWM flash a .zip kinda guy so digging into ADB is all new for me.
Don't navigate anywhere, I thought the same thing just tap on select below and follow the commands. Take your time doing it and don't rush!

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagman1 View Post
this worked perfectly!!! Thanks sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!
Your welcome

djeddieone
Old
Thanks Meter 68
What about if your in CWR? How can I bring my wife's phone? It tried to update itself and I'm stuck on recovery

k4ylr
Old
(Last edited by k4ylr; 8th January 2014 at 11:26 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Don't navigate anywhere, I thought the same thing just tap on select below and follow the commands. Take your time doing it and don't rush!
Ran the terminal side commands, got to LG Splash and we're sitting there now. We'll see how long it sits or if it's a boot loop.

**EDIT**

10 minutes sitting at the LG splash no go. I managed to snag an interim wifi adapter for my desktop so I'm going to try the Flash tool posted from earlier and see if it works.
Phone: LG G2
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock

djeddieone
Old
(Last edited by djeddieone; 9th January 2014 at 12:03 AM.) Reason: Problem fixed
Thanks Meter 68
Update

I was able to bring the phone back with those commands using adb thank you guys for your help.

k4ylr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by djeddieone View Post
How can I do this on add? What would be the commands on adb? I'm on CWR so I can't use twrp
Can't say for sure, I had seen some to run this way:

adb shell

then the 2 lines of prompt. I'm stuck on a boot loop so I'm trying to get the Flash Tool method to work. I should have not messed with G2 in retrospect lol, way too little support and far too big of a PITA to bother.
Phone: LG G2
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock

ajax1d
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
No worries friend! I almost went crazy last night trying to find a fix!! Here what fixed mine!

You need to be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS when typing this in:

Go to Advanced in TWRP and run Terminal

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit go
after it pushes through again type:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc
then hit enter and reboot.[COLOR="Silver"]
This worked for me. I tried several other methods from other threads but could not complete them for various reasons.
This also is the simplest method as it installed the update without my having to download it again.

eat314
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by djeddieone View Post
Update

I was able to bring the phone back with those commands using adb thank you guys for your help.
Did you have any driver issues? I'm stuck in the same situation booting just to ClockworkMod Recovery after an attempted OTA update. Can't connect to Win7 because driver can't configure properly even with the latest drivers installed. Connects file with my wife's working LG G2 so I know the drivers are right. Also tried to get into download mode with no luck. I'm stuck. Does anyone know how to get pass this?

eat314
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Problem fixed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat314 View Post
Did you have any driver issues? I'm stuck in the same situation booting just to ClockworkMod Recovery after an attempted OTA update. Can't connect to Win7 because driver can't configure properly even with the latest drivers installed. Connects file with my wife's working LG G2 so I know the drivers are right. Also tried to get into download mode with no luck. I'm stuck. Does anyone know how to get pass this?
OK. Finally got it working. Wish I had figured it out before I factory reset my phone. My main issue was the driver. Even though I had the right LG drivers installed, it just would not recognize it properly. Here is what I had to do after a failed device configuration.
- Go to Computer Management and find the failed device and Update Driver.
- Choose to manually select device and then select Have Disk.
- Find and select \Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LG VZW United Driver\64BitADB\lgandadb.inf (Tried the other xxxadb.inf files but none worked)
- When the list of devices is presented, scroll down and select LGE Mobile Server Single ADB Interface

Your device should now be recognized by adb. Follow the steps provided by others above in this thread and you should be good to go. Worked for me. Good luck.

Thank you all for the great knowledge base. Saved me $500!!! :