Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 51,633 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

can you change the baseband from verizon to work with att?

Tip us?

Stacy Love
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default can you change the baseband from verizon to work with att?

Hello,
I have a verizon Samsung galaxy s3 and I currently using it with ATT prepaid services. I can only get edge and I was told in order to get 4g service I need to change the bandbase. Is this possible and if so does anyone know how to do so? My phone just updated to 4.3 and it is not rooted.

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 630
No, if you flash an att modem it will hard brick the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Stacy Love
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
No, if you flash an att modem it will hard brick the phone.

Ugh okay. I was told by att to change it because it would be the only way to get 3g/4g service. Its a verizon phone I bought off of craigslist and wanted unlimited everything so I tried with T-Mobile first and no luck. Went with att thinking because I already have another phone with them I would get 4g. After paying the rep said I would get atleast 3g and when I called the c.c 800# I was told to get the phone unlocked and update the baseband. If I'm not mistaken I thought the Verizon I535 was already unlocked!

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Love View Post
Hello,
I have a verizon Samsung galaxy s3 and I currently using it with ATT prepaid services. I can only get edge and I was told in order to get 4g service I need to change the bandbase. Is this possible and if so does anyone know how to do so? My phone just updated to 4.3 and it is not rooted.
I don't think the S3 is capable of doing 4g on ATT network. The modem only support GSM however the S4, Note2, LG G2, droid DNA and some others are capable.

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Love View Post
Ugh okay. I was told by att to change it because it would be the only way to get 3g/4g service. Its a verizon phone I bought off of craigslist and wanted unlimited everything so I tried with T-Mobile first and no luck. Went with att thinking because I already have another phone with them I would get 4g. After paying the rep said I would get atleast 3g and when I called the c.c 800# I was told to get the phone unlocked and update the baseband. If I'm not mistaken I thought the Verizon I535 was already unlocked!
It's unlocked, that isn't the issue. The phone doesn't have the correct hardware to get anything better than edge data on an att or T-Mobile network.

You may be able to change the apn and get 3g, but that's a long shot. You certainly can't update the baseband.