Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 52,474 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Internal storage ( Custom ROM )

Tip us?

rohanmane3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Internal storage ( Custom ROM )

hi im using custom rom [PORT][CM7.2]New Experience KitKat Special Edition v1.1 upd 28/11 my internal memory is now 100mb i have partition my SD card and moved the install apps to sd card but i was wondering what if i delete apps in /SYSTEM/app from the internal storage (apps and along with odex files ).

Harpratap
Old
Thanks Meter 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanmane3 View Post
hi im using custom rom [PORT][CM7.2]New Experience KitKat Special Edition v1.1 upd 28/11 my internal memory is now 100mb i have partition my SD card and moved the install apps to sd card but i was wondering what if i delete apps in /SYSTEM/app from the internal storage (apps and along with odex files ).
Depending on the app(s) you delete you may use some functionality or simply will result in a bootloop or system crash

amedra
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Internal storage will share with your favorite apps. Some apps will work in *root/system/data, some app will not work and will bootloop. And you can remove some useless app from your system. Ex: youtube,themes, unused sounds, wallpapers.

So you can increase your internal storage from root/data if you move some apps to root/system/data.. Example, i moved aquamail to system (this app will work in system) ... It gives 5 mb from my internal data storege. Easy ha ?

And always do nandroid backup before playin system. It will increase your learning.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

And your custom rom has status bar bug, it is really nice port, very smooth and lagless.. But this bug realy annoying me, so you can use auto lux app.. It can calibrate your screen brightness.