Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung GS3 - 4.2 TO 4.3 Trouble

Tip us?
 
ThyGod
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Info 2 [Q] Samsung GS3 - 4.2 TO 4.3 Trouble

I have a Verizon GS3 im running firmware ICS 4.2... i have AT&T Sim card in the Verizon phone and it works. I need help with upgrading it to JellyBean 4.3..It wont let me it keeps saying "Software update is temporarily unavailable.Try Again later."

Here's my phone info.

SCH-I535

kernel Version
3.0.31-1152558
se.infra@R0710-11 #1
SMP PREEMPT Sat Jun 8 17:20:08 KST
2013

Build Number JZO54K.I535VRBMF1

Hardware Version
I535.10

Please help Thank You!!
 
deuce237bblock
Old
#2  
deuce237bblock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 426
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGod View Post
I have a Verizon GS3 im running firmware ICS 4.2... i have AT&T Sim card in the Verizon phone and it works. I need help with upgrading it to JellyBean 4.3..It wont let me it keeps saying "Software update is temporarily unavailable.Try Again later."

Here's my phone info.

SCH-I535

kernel Version
3.0.31-1152558
se.infra@R0710-11 #1
SMP PREEMPT Sat Jun 8 17:20:08 KST
2013

Build Number JZO54K.I535VRBMF1

Hardware Version
I535.10

Please help Thank You!!
Try to Odin to stock MF1 firmware and then update to 4.3. Just remember if you take the 4.3 OTA it will permanently lock your bootloader and you can not downgrade from 4.3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
 
ThyGod
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
I'm already running MF1 I used kies to restore whole phone but it school doesn't work.
 
ThePagel
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 447
Posts: 760
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGod View Post
I'm already running MF1 I used kies to restore whole phone but it school doesn't work.
You can odin to 4.3
 
landshark68
Old
#5  
landshark68's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 542
Posts: 1,000
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
In the OP he wrote he is using an AT&T sim card. Wouldn't that prevent him from being able to get the Verizon OTA? Like The Pagel wrote, using the ODIN file to get to 4.3 would probably be your best bet.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
 
ThyGod
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Ima really new to this odin thing. Can anyonr post links to what I need to download download to to this process. And if its not to much work steps. Thank you.
 
buhohitr
Old
#7  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,501
Posts: 5,129
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGod View Post
Ima really new to this odin thing. Can anyonr post links to what I need to download download to to this process. And if its not to much work steps. Thank you.
You need to install the driver for your PC before Odin can work, here is the instruction:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1722686

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


[OTA] Nvidia Shield Tablet Receives its First Update

The Nvidia Shield Tabletis the latest toy from one of the largest desktop graphics … more

Quick Control Panel Updated, Adds Notification Support

As some of you may remember, earlier this year we spoke about Quick Control Panel by … more

Narrate Makes Note Taking Efficient and Beautiful

Technology has put life on the fast track. Whether its travelling to multiple places or … more

Android App Review: How to Speed Up Your Android Phone – XDA Developer TV

Is your Android device running slow? Is your Android device … more