5,603,646 Members 37,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unrooting t310?

Tip us?

that_guy20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Before I do that, I've also wondered about the flash counter. Now I haven't flashed roms but does the recovery and root count as a flash? I have no triangle at boot - and when I use triangleaway it says my device is not supported, which renders me unable to find out if its flashed (i'm hoping not as i do not have the warning sign at startup) but does that mean that I can't get my warranty back even if it was unrooted and such?

dave106
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_guy20 View Post
Before I do that, I've also wondered about the flash counter. Now I haven't flashed roms but does the recovery and root count as a flash? I have no triangle at boot - and when I use triangleaway it says my device is not supported, which renders me unable to find out if its flashed (i'm hoping not as i do not have the warning sign at startup) but does that mean that I can't get my warranty back even if it was unrooted and such?
As with all recent Samsung devices it's likely that there is a hidden counter that increases when you flash anything else BUT Official Samsung ROMs. You will have already increased the counter flashing a different recovery. As Triangle Away doesn't support the T310 as well as lack of developer support you won't be able to reset this counter at present.

Just hope they don't check the counter when you send it back for warranty repair.

Sent from my GT-I9500
Samsung Galaxy S4 - i9500 - Black Mist - 16GB with 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 8.0" - SM-T310 - Midnight Black - 16GB with 16GB