Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android OS large data usage

Tip us?
 
SleemLDJ
Old
#1  
SleemLDJ's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 440
Posts: 1,993
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: London
Default Android OS large data usage

Hi guys. Can someone please help by telling me what Android OS seems to be downloading that it's gotten to over 6 gigs.

It downloads almost 700mb to 1GB everyday.

I'm afraid it will do same on my mobile network. Anyway I can turn what's being downloaded off?

Thanks.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Current: OnePlus One
Retired:Nokia N70, Nokia N91, Nokia E71, Nokia E90, Nokia N97, Nokia N900, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung GNEX, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Nexus 4, HTC OneM7, Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
 
x102x96x
Old
#2  
x102x96x's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 278
Posts: 1,272
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Linux

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimldj View Post
Hi guys. Can someone please help by telling me what Android OS seems to be downloading that it's gotten to over 6 gigs.

It downloads almost 700mb to 1GB everyday.

I'm afraid it will do same on my mobile network. Anyway I can turn what's being downloaded off?

Thanks.
Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
u can restrict background data through setting u post its screen-shot
so background data downloading of android OS will restrict while u r on data
 
Java.Symbian.WP8.iOS4/5/6/7
Android; Fy \GB \ICS \JB \KK \CustomROM
Devices; Nexus \Xperia \Galaxy \LG \htc \Lenovo
./Android-Ubuntu Programming

>>> XperiaSmallApp & GalaxyMultiWindow & All-Device <<<
>>> AndroidWear <<<

SonyXperiaZ2; D6503/.314
SamsungGalaxyNoteIII
;
N900 /ND1
GoogleNexus5; D821 | MultiROM
UbuntuTouch & CM11 (In Use)
GoogleNexus7
;
Grouper | MultiROM
BT5 & CM11 (In Use)





 
SleemLDJ
Old
#3  
SleemLDJ's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 440
Posts: 1,993
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x View Post
u can restrict background data through setting u post its screen-shot
so background data downloading of android OS will restrict while u r on data
Would that affect any app such as my email auto sync, Whatsapp, hangouts and others?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Current: OnePlus One
Retired:Nokia N70, Nokia N91, Nokia E71, Nokia E90, Nokia N97, Nokia N900, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung GNEX, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Nexus 4, HTC OneM7, Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
 
x102x96x
Old
#4  
x102x96x's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 278
Posts: 1,272
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Linux

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimldj View Post
Would that affect any app such as my email auto sync, Whatsapp, hangouts and others?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
instead of built-in restriction app for data
u can install another apps from play.store to restrict data usage of another apps or let them to work
 
Java.Symbian.WP8.iOS4/5/6/7
Android; Fy \GB \ICS \JB \KK \CustomROM
Devices; Nexus \Xperia \Galaxy \LG \htc \Lenovo
./Android-Ubuntu Programming

>>> XperiaSmallApp & GalaxyMultiWindow & All-Device <<<
>>> AndroidWear <<<

SonyXperiaZ2; D6503/.314
SamsungGalaxyNoteIII
;
N900 /ND1
GoogleNexus5; D821 | MultiROM
UbuntuTouch & CM11 (In Use)
GoogleNexus7
;
Grouper | MultiROM
BT5 & CM11 (In Use)





The Following User Says Thank You to x102x96x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shteren
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 534
Join Date: Jul 2013
I use BLE to block certain apps from mobile data and monitor my plans, works great

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to shteren For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BreakShadow
Old
#6  
BreakShadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 329
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kolkata
It's because of the keep this device backed up option that comes with Android. I had the same issue. Disable it from the backup and reset menu.

Sent from my C6902 using Tapatalk
 
evil.efreet
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kharkov
hi guys.
having same problem for 2 days.
"OS Services" downloading about 300-400 mb per day. only by wifi.
just reseted my samsung core. nothing happend. attempt to disable update service didn't work.
backup option is also disabled.
any suggestions or ideas?
thanks.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...