5,594,805 Members 36,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Working charging dock for xperia zu WITH a case on?

Tip us?

LxMxFxD
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default Working charging dock for xperia zu WITH a case on?

I recently got the Nillkin hard cover case which is extremely thin. Unfortunately, even with this case, it does not work with my ebay charging dock. Links to both products:

Case:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Charging dock:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221302293102...84.m1497.l2649

With the largest "attachment" to the dock - 9.5mm, the case will go in and even clip magnetically, but will not charge. If I remove the attachment (ultra wide), it will not stay in, but does charge.

If anyone knows a solution or has a charging dock that will work with this sized case, please post a link!
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Stock. T-mobile $30/mo walmart plan rocks!

Previous: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Hero, Evo 4G, Samsung S II.

abdallahmemon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well what you can do it tear up the case and the cable out, you will not get the dock functionality but you wont have to remove the cover or open the flap everytime.
If you are creative enough, make your own dock and install the cable (from original dock) into it!

Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers app

jinque
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Had that case, and the official dock. Problem is the case side's raises the phone up so a tiny bit but enough so that it'll just sit right above the charger but won't properly connect. Modifying the dock or making one seems a lot more hassle than cutting the case, so I went and cut the case's charger slot so that it's wider, and also make a long rectangular cut along the back (about aslong and wide as my pinky finger) so I can slide it into the dock (small adapter, forgot if i tried the big wider one or not, might have made the back cutout unncessary though).

I don't think any of the cases are designed to be used with the dock. All the back-only cases like this all look the same - all designed it to cover up as much as possible. And all the chinese docks look like the official dock. So i don't think there's any dock/case you can buy as a solution... unless there is one since i last check two months ago.

But anyways, to me a dock is more necessary than a case, so 90% of a case is better than no case.