Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Scrambled Display

Tip us?

polybius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Scrambled Display

I had My HTC One S working fine with an unlocked bootloader, CWM Recovery, and CyanogenMod 10.2. One day, I get a notice that there's a system update, so I thought, hey that's cool, over the air updates for CyanogenMod. So I do it and now when it boots it looks like this:

With some difficulty, I was able to get into the bootloader then into CWM. I cleared everything and re-flashed the original CyanogenMod ROM, but it still does this when it boots. It also does not appear to turn on properly. Does anybody know what's going on here?

foxtrot_lima
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by polybius View Post
I had My HTC One S working fine with an unlocked bootloader, CWM Recovery, and CyanogenMod 10.2. One day, I get a notice that there's a system update, so I thought, hey that's cool, over the air updates for CyanogenMod. So I do it and now when it boots it looks like this:

With some difficulty, I was able to get into the bootloader then into CWM. I cleared everything and re-flashed the original CyanogenMod ROM, but it still does this when it boots. It also does not appear to turn on properly. Does anybody know what's going on here?
Your link doesn't work.

jay-em-ass
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I also cannot see any picture of your screen, but I think you mean freaky colours on your screen.
This is due to updated display drivers some time ago on CMs side.

Which means if you use a newer ROM, you also have to use a newer kernel to get the correct colours back.
If you are S-On your kernel won`t be updated by just flashing the firmware, you have to fastboot the kernel afterwards.
Tags
htc one s, scrambled boot