Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I want to get the Google Play Store working on my HDX 7"...

Tip us?

Major General
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I want to get the Google Play Store working on my HDX 7"...

..what exactly do I have to do? I don't care about the other Google apps. All I want is the play store. Do I need Safestrap for this? If not, where can I find instructions on how to root?

rcartaz09
Old
Thanks Meter 2
There are about 3 threads in this section of the forum that have step by step instructions on how to achieve this. It's even in the title!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major General
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Excuse me, but the specific question I asked isn't answered, or I'm having trouble finding it.

I'm not interested in flashing anything if I can avoid it (i.e. Safestrap).

If I can, I just want to root and get Google Play Store working on my HDX 7". Can you direct me to something that tells me how to do just those two things?

godsburden
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major General View Post
Excuse me, but the specific question I asked isn't answered, or I'm having trouble finding it.

I'm not interested in flashing anything if I can avoid it (i.e. Safestrap).

If I can, I just want to root and get Google Play Store working on my HDX 7". Can you direct me to something that tells me how to do just those two things?
You're not excused. The answer was given to you. There are 3 threads alone on the front page telling you how to do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to godsburden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Major General
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsburden View Post
You're not excused. The answer was given to you. There are 3 threads alone on the front page telling you how to do that.
You've got someone here, like myself, obviously new and asking for guidance. Do you guys have to make an effort to be this level of asshole, or is it a natural talent?

thewihlygeek
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
You've got someone here, like myself, obviously new and asking for guidance. Do you guys have to make an effort to be this level of asshole, or is it a natural talent?
If anyone is being an asshole here, it's you.

It's common courtesy on this site to forward people to other threads for previously answered questions/requests, like these:

[FLASHABLE ZIP] Working Google Gapps ! (hdx 7")

[ROOT] Rooting tutorial - hdx 7" 13.3.1.0

How to Install Google Play Store

This keeps the forums clean and makes it easier for everyone to find what they're looking for. If you don't have the time to look in thread titles to find what you're looking for, no one is going to take the time to help you. And if you don't want to take the time to browse a mere 2 pages of thread titles (since all three of the threads above are from pages 1 and 2), there's a search bar for a reason. Use it.

Quote:
Forum Rules

1. Search before posting.

Use one of our search functions before posting or creating a new thread. Whether you have a question or just something new to share, it's very likely that someone has already asked that question or shared that news.
The Following User Says Thank You to thewihlygeek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

godsburden
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I'm curious, sunshine, do you always have a need to demand things without doing the proper research? Do you literally go through life arguing with people who give you an exact answer telling you where to go and what to do to get what you want?

Let's recap what I told you:

"There are 3 threads about this on the front page"

1) there are three methods depending on your device.
2) they're on the front page.

How is that not giving you want, princess? I'm sure if you would lift the satin flaps from over your eyes you'd see that indeed, I gave you the answer that you needed. Now, kindly, go brick your device so we don't have to listen to your demands again.
The Following User Says Thank You to godsburden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heelandtoe
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Forgive that idiot for not knowing what he (or she) did.