Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast Stops Stream

Tip us?

minusbfold
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Chromecast Stops Stream

Can someone help me out. I have plain jane chrome cast it has not been rooted. Whenever im streaming to my TV in the middle of watching a show it just stops. It does not matter if its on my phone,tablet or from my laptop via google chrome. The only way to get it going again is to unplug the chromecast and start all over. I thought the whole point of the chromecast was to stream to tv. I've had it for like 2 months and so far it sucks.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by minusbfold View Post
Can someone help me out. I have plain jane chrome cast it has not been rooted. Whenever im streaming to my TV in the middle of watching a show it just stops. It does not matter if its on my phone,tablet or from my laptop via google chrome. The only way to get it going again is to unplug the chromecast and start all over. I thought the whole point of the chromecast was to stream to tv. I've had it for like 2 months and so far it sucks.
Most important question here is what application are you casting from?

There's a huge difference in required bandwidth casting media compared to casting media from YouTube, Hulu, etc.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

stringrazor
Old
(Last edited by stringrazor; 9th January 2014 at 11:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minusbfold View Post
Also, check the wireless signal strength at the TV's location. Mine was also stopping mid-stream on our kitchen TV after performing flawlessly on the one in the LV. I was wondering what had gone wrong until I remembered that wireless reception is a bit dicey in the kitchen.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
Also, check the wireless signal strength at the TV's location. Mine was also stopping mid-stream on our kitchen TV after performing flawlessly on the one in the LV. I was wonder what had gone wrong until I remembered that wireless reception is a bit dicey in the kitchen.
Very good and important point.

I just made a post describing the different bandwidth needs and router quality that might help visualize things better for the picture-oriented.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'