5,596,235 Members 36,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Should I buy it from USA or the Middle East?

Tip us?

nxneko
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by refinition View Post
Isn't the USA one region locked?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Most carriers release it if fully paid so its a yes/no answer.

Never Satisfied With Her Findings....

jdomadia
Old
Thanks Meter 195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxneko View Post
You should be able to find the N9005ZKEXSI which is the UAE version of the phone thats fully compatible with "My Number, My Identity" initiative. They are basically all the same except for basebands. I would stick to N9005 model due to developer support, snapdragon is better simply & exynos hasn't reached its potential & there is no word as of late on HMP to utilize all 8 cores.

Just remember, even though the N9005 is international there are still variants per country, which means the market they came from if you break it...is where it has to be repaired so buying a local N9005 model is the very best route to go which is the N9000ZKEXSG (Jordans version of Exynos) otherwise, you need to grab one from another closer market that does have the LTE model... aka UAE.
I have same product code as you mention N9005ZKEXSI ,like to know more about "My Number, My Identity" What it mean, I am also from U.A.E.
Thanks

nxneko
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdomadia View Post
I have same product code as you mention N9005ZKEXSI ,like to know more about "My Number, My Identity" What it mean, I am also from U.A.E.
Thanks
Some special registration thing from TRA called TRA:ID each device has one if you look in about device with stock rom or KEXSI csc. There will be two codes I am guessing you end up registering somewhere.

I cant really say as im using the kexsi 9005 in the states, its just something I saw while looking to see which country my note came from.

The Following User Says Thank You to nxneko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdomadia
Old
Thanks Meter 195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Some special registration thing from TRA called TRA:ID each device has one if you look in about device with stock rom or KEXSI csc. There will be two codes I am guessing you end up registering somewhere.

I cant really say as im using the kexsi 9005 in the states, its just something I saw while looking to see which country my note came from.

Oh Okay TRA:ID & TA:00000 something like this is there, may u r saying about that, one more thing I notice is My mobile number is also appearing in status, I don't know for others also it's Same.

jdomadia
Old
Thanks Meter 195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Mat One more question,you bought this phone in US & activate also in US? Its working after any modification in US or with stock rom without any problem, I am asking if I am traveling than I need to install custom ROM or it will work as it is with Stock ROM.
Thanks

nxneko
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdomadia View Post
Mat One more question,you bought this phone in US & activate also in US? Its working after any modification in US or with stock rom without any problem, I am asking if I am traveling than I need to install custom ROM or it will work as it is with Stock ROM.
Thanks
Its completely unlocked and has been working phone on 3G services on tmobile for me.