Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,053 Members 46,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROM guidance

Tip us?

Bigred007
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default ROM guidance

I've not changed ROM's yet, and because of that, don't spend much time in this area of the forum. After the latest firmware update, I can't take it any longer. The pig lags so much and locks up so frequently that at times it is almost unusable. I know it doesn't have to be like this. I'm looking for something very stable and fast, but battery life isn't a huge priority for me. I'm usually not far from an outlet for days at a time and can leave it on a charger at the office. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1099

DONATE TO ME
Default CMB ROMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred007 View Post
I've not changed ROM's yet, and because of that, don't spend much time in this area of the forum. After the latest firmware update, I can't take it any longer. The pig lags so much and locks up so frequently that at times it is almost unusable. I know it doesn't have to be like this. I'm looking for something very stable and fast, but battery life isn't a huge priority for me. I'm usually not far from an outlet for days at a time and can leave it on a charger at the office. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Hey there I Dev for CMB ROMS.. If you would like a fast smooth functioning KitKat rom come check us out sometime.

You do need to be on the latest bootloader.. .10 if you have any questions feel free to ask me and we will get your 700 running like it should....Thx and as always lj
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bigred007
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Oh, and if this is in the wrong section, I apologise and ask a mod to move it.
Thanks.

lucius.zen
Old
(Last edited by lucius.zen; 9th January 2014 at 10:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred007 View Post
Oh, and if this is in the wrong section, I apologise and ask a mod to move it.
Thanks.
Dev section is only for threads related to android development, Q&A or the general forum would have been a better choice, no biggie, i was pretty confused the first time i checked out the dev section.

For stock based ROMS I have had really good luck with CROMi-Xenogenesis. Haven't tried any non-stock based ROMs bc I find they have features i dont need and typically have more bugs to work out than CROMi.
Devices:
Asus Transformer tf701t
- ROM - Cromi-X
- Kernel - Cromi-X Kernel
- Mods - CrossBreeder, Bravia Engine 2
- Xposed - GravityBox, LWInRecents, SwipeBack, XHaloFloatingWindow
Asus tf700t
- Retired
HTC One M7
- Stock
Rikomagic MK802 IV

Guides:
How to Tweak and Mod Android Using init.d Scripts - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2198510
How to Tweak and Optimize Android Performance - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2232715

deadlocked007
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
Hey there I Dev for CMB ROMS.. If you would like a fast smooth functioning KitKat rom come check us out sometime.

You do need to be on the latest bootloader.. .10 if you have any questions feel free to ask me and we will get your 700 running like it should....Thx and as always lj
Some very strong words there i'll have to see for myself lol
The Following User Says Thank You to deadlocked007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1099

DONATE TO ME
Angry We are Just Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlocked007 View Post
Some very strong words there i'll have to see for myself lol
That would be great let me know... what you think

deadlocked007
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
That would be great let me know... what you think
Gonna be run from the sd. Your real testing begins now lol

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to deadlocked007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]