5,595,645 Members 44,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't go back to 4.3 stock rom.

Tip us?

BCSC
Old
(Last edited by BCSC; 8th January 2014 at 11:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman0 View Post
I read in a thread that you need the stock recovery to flash a stock rom, so if anyone could be kind enough to upload one.
If you are booting and seeing System ui crash, a full wipe with recovery should fix this. The option that says wipe data/factory reset. While you are in recovery also wipe cache again and then wipe dalvik. If you are using CWM, you will find under advanced. I know this seems redundant but try everything. Try this again and see if it boots properly after this. As the ROM you flashed is a customized stock rom, you do not need stock recovery. In fact stock recovery will fail as it is not an official firmware.
Flashing ROMs - 60% of the time, it works every time!

/_-------------------------There it is. Go on and click it.

danman0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSC View Post
If you are booting and seeing System ui crash, a full wipe with recovery should fix this. The option that says wipe data/factory reset. Try this again and see if it boots properly after this. As the ROM you flashed is a customized stock rom, you do not need stock recovery. In fact stock recovery will fail as it is not an official firmware.
I'll try what you said, but should I try formatting my micro sd card?

danman0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I'll try what you said, but should I try formatting my micro sd card?
Wiping solved the system ui has stopped working (also tried fix permissions). However, even with the stock kernel, wifi immediately switches off when I try to turn it on, youtube has stopped unfortunately (and I can't even open it), supersu has stopped unfortunately, and I still can't hear audio or record video. (It doesn't even recognize my earbuds when I plug them in)

BCSC
Old
Thanks Meter 132
The wifi is fixable with a different kernel. I promise... the audio should not have lingered unless it is a hardware issue. By installing a new rom and doing the wipes that you have done, there is no way that the audio problem would have survived that otherwise. This kernel will fix wifi, I have had and fixed the same problem with it. http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23196940996968860. Flash it with recovery but dont worry about wipes this time. As for the audio thing, id start a new thread and mention that you have tried different roms, different kernels and wiped multiple times and see if you can get a second opinion if it is hardware. A fresh thread will get peoples attention better than waiting in this one.

danman0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
The wifi is fixable with a different kernel. I promise... the audio should not have lingered unless it is a hardware issue. By installing a new rom and doing the wipes that you have done, there is no way that the audio problem would have survived that otherwise. This kernel will fix wifi, I have had and fixed the same problem with it. http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23196940996968860. Flash it with recovery but dont worry about wipes this time. As for the audio thing, id start a new thread and mention that you have tried different roms, different kernels and wiped multiple times and see if you can get a second opinion if it is hardware. A fresh thread will get peoples attention better than waiting in this one.
Ok, also, what about the video? The video camera doesn't work but takes pictures just fine.

BCSC
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Ok, also, what about the video? The video camera doesn't work but takes pictures just fine.
Sorry man, I have no definitive answer for you as to why the video would be acting that way. As I said all the wiping you did will have cleared any software related issues so I am at a loss other than wonky hardware. The ROM you are on is from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540998. There are no reports of any kind relating to this issue and others experiencing it. The last thing I know of that you can try is to flash the bootloader for this ROM. It is at the top of the thread, but be sure to heed the warning attached to it. I have helped many people and have never come across this issue so unfortunately I have no experience with a definite solution. Try creating a new Q&A thread and maybe someone with knowledge of this will find it.

danman0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Sorry man, I have no definitive answer for you as to why the video would be acting that way. As I said all the wiping you did will have cleared any software related issues so I am at a loss other than wonky hardware. The ROM you are on is from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540998. There are no reports of any kind relating to this issue and others experiencing it. The last thing I know of that you can try is to flash the bootloader for this ROM. It is at the top of the thread, but be sure to heed the warning attached to it. I have helped many people and have never come across this issue so unfortunately I have no experience with a definite solution. Try creating a new Q&A thread and maybe someone with knowledge of this will find it.
I can't believe it, everything is fixed! Since the bootloader link is broken, I decided to install the modem from there (can't ruin a ruined phone, can't you?). When I restarted, I noticed att logo had sound, so I checked youtube - works, video camera - works, and service - works! Thanks to everyone for your help.