The device is not rooted. So flashing CWM or TWRP isn't going to work.
Here's what I did:
1. The phone is running NON-ROOTED stock 4.3 OTA from VZW.
2. Decided to root device so I tried Casual's Root app which I later realised only worked on 4.1/4.2 devices.
3. Since step 2 didn't work I tried to flash 4.1 to the phone via Odin.
4. Step 3 caused the device to no longer boot. It gives a firmware upgrade error and will only boot into download mode.
5. I obtained the 4.3 OTA and tried to flash it via Odin, no go. It didn't work.
The phone is effectively dead with only download mode working.