Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Play Store .apk, Avatar ROM

OP Huli13

7th January 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

34 posts
Greetings all. I just finished flashing the Avatar ROM onto my Droid 4. I know I need to get the Play Store .apk file installed. The versions I have found via the search option do NOT function on my device with that ROM installed and I am getting tired of downloading and failing.

Would somebody be so kind as to link the .apk for me?
Or maybe I am missing a special way to instal...?

P.S. I have not posted enough on this website to ask in the Dev section under this ROM.
7th January 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 205

692 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huli13

Greetings all. I just finished flashing the Avatar ROM onto my Droid 4. I know I need to get the Play Store .apk file installed. The versions I have found via the search option do NOT function on my device with that ROM installed and I am getting tired of downloading and failing.

Would somebody be so kind as to link the .apk for me?
Or maybe I am missing a special way to instal...?

P.S. I have not posted enough on this website to ask in the Dev section under this ROM.

You need to flash a gapps package. I believe the 12/31 build of Avatar is up to Android version 4.3 now. Go to "about phone" and check to be sure. If so, go here: http://goo.im/gapps and download the 20130813 package and install via safestrap. If still on 4.2.2 use the 20130812 package.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwyrt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyrt

You need to flash a gapps package. I believe the 12/31 build of Avatar is up to Android version 4.3 now. Go to "about phone" and check to be sure.

Thanks kwyrt!

This is my first phone attempt, I have done a few mods on my tablet. Never needed to do the gapps. I guess I also need to report a problem back to the Avatar dev, as the ROM has an updater that is also supposed to include the gapps and it keeps failing to update.

Now to figure out how to get the package on with safestrap. (I have only used Clockwork).
8th January 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

34 posts
Worked perfectly!!! THANK YOU!
9th January 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

34 posts
Hey... ummm... I accidently deleted the clock apk. Know how o can get it again. Looks like that apk controls the alarm when using the dock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
10th January 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #6  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 205

692 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huli13

Hey... ummm... I accidently deleted the clock apk. Know how o can get it again. Looks like that apk controls the alarm when using the dock.

Wipe cache and dalvik cache. Reflash the ROM. As long as you don't wipe data you won't have to re-set up anything.
10th January 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

34 posts
Good idea, but my boot loader is locked. Don't think I can keep root if I flash to stock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread