Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Play Store .apk, Avatar ROM

7th January 2014, 04:01 AM |#1  
Huli13's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Greetings all. I just finished flashing the Avatar ROM onto my Droid 4. I know I need to get the Play Store .apk file installed. The versions I have found via the search option do NOT function on my device with that ROM installed and I am getting tired of downloading and failing.

Would somebody be so kind as to link the .apk for me?
Or maybe I am missing a special way to instal...?

P.S. I have not posted enough on this website to ask in the Dev section under this ROM.
 
 
7th January 2014, 12:47 PM |#2  
kwyrt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 242
 
724 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huli13

Greetings all. I just finished flashing the Avatar ROM onto my Droid 4. I know I need to get the Play Store .apk file installed. The versions I have found via the search option do NOT function on my device with that ROM installed and I am getting tired of downloading and failing.

Would somebody be so kind as to link the .apk for me?
Or maybe I am missing a special way to instal...?

P.S. I have not posted enough on this website to ask in the Dev section under this ROM.

You need to flash a gapps package. I believe the 12/31 build of Avatar is up to Android version 4.3 now. Go to "about phone" and check to be sure. If so, go here: http://goo.im/gapps and download the 20130813 package and install via safestrap. If still on 4.2.2 use the 20130812 package.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwyrt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 03:04 PM |#3  
Huli13's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyrt

You need to flash a gapps package. I believe the 12/31 build of Avatar is up to Android version 4.3 now. Go to "about phone" and check to be sure.

Thanks kwyrt!

This is my first phone attempt, I have done a few mods on my tablet. Never needed to do the gapps. I guess I also need to report a problem back to the Avatar dev, as the ROM has an updater that is also supposed to include the gapps and it keeps failing to update.

Now to figure out how to get the package on with safestrap. (I have only used Clockwork).
7th January 2014, 11:01 PM |#4  
Huli13's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Worked perfectly!!! THANK YOU!
9th January 2014, 09:33 PM |#5  
Huli13's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Hey... ummm... I accidently deleted the clock apk. Know how o can get it again. Looks like that apk controls the alarm when using the dock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
10th January 2014, 12:50 AM |#6  
kwyrt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 242
 
724 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huli13

Hey... ummm... I accidently deleted the clock apk. Know how o can get it again. Looks like that apk controls the alarm when using the dock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Wipe cache and dalvik cache. Reflash the ROM. As long as you don't wipe data you won't have to re-set up anything.
10th January 2014, 12:53 AM |#7  
Huli13's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Good idea, but my boot loader is locked. Don't think I can keep root if I flash to stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes