Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Play Store .apk, Avatar ROM

Tip us?

Huli13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Play Store .apk, Avatar ROM

Greetings all. I just finished flashing the Avatar ROM onto my Droid 4. I know I need to get the Play Store .apk file installed. The versions I have found via the search option do NOT function on my device with that ROM installed and I am getting tired of downloading and failing.

Would somebody be so kind as to link the .apk for me?
Or maybe I am missing a special way to instal...?

P.S. I have not posted enough on this website to ask in the Dev section under this ROM.

kwyrt
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huli13 View Post
Greetings all. I just finished flashing the Avatar ROM onto my Droid 4. I know I need to get the Play Store .apk file installed. The versions I have found via the search option do NOT function on my device with that ROM installed and I am getting tired of downloading and failing.

Would somebody be so kind as to link the .apk for me?
Or maybe I am missing a special way to instal...?

P.S. I have not posted enough on this website to ask in the Dev section under this ROM.
You need to flash a gapps package. I believe the 12/31 build of Avatar is up to Android version 4.3 now. Go to "about phone" and check to be sure. If so, go here: http://goo.im/gapps and download the 20130813 package and install via safestrap. If still on 4.2.2 use the 20130812 package.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwyrt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Huli13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyrt View Post
You need to flash a gapps package. I believe the 12/31 build of Avatar is up to Android version 4.3 now. Go to "about phone" and check to be sure.
Thanks kwyrt!

This is my first phone attempt, I have done a few mods on my tablet. Never needed to do the gapps. I guess I also need to report a problem back to the Avatar dev, as the ROM has an updater that is also supposed to include the gapps and it keeps failing to update.

Now to figure out how to get the package on with safestrap. (I have only used Clockwork).

Huli13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Worked perfectly!!! THANK YOU!

Huli13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hey... ummm... I accidently deleted the clock apk. Know how o can get it again. Looks like that apk controls the alarm when using the dock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

kwyrt
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huli13 View Post
Hey... ummm... I accidently deleted the clock apk. Know how o can get it again. Looks like that apk controls the alarm when using the dock.

Wipe cache and dalvik cache. Reflash the ROM. As long as you don't wipe data you won't have to re-set up anything.

Huli13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Good idea, but my boot loader is locked. Don't think I can keep root if I flash to stock.