Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 40,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Has anyone figured out how to cast s4 to sony blu-ray player?

Tip us?

Wittyusernametaken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Question [Q] Has anyone figured out how to cast s4 to sony blu-ray player?

Twonky + Roku = perfection for casting/streaming local videos in the bedroom, but I would love to find a solution for the living room where the humongous tv is. I get that I can buy Chromecast or such and stream that way, but with a tight budget we're hoping to run the blu-ray player til it dies The blu-ray player streams youtube, netflix, amazon, hulu, etc, and I've gotten so far as to download one app, PlayTo Sony, which displayed the name of my device on the screen, but showed no media to play, so got part-way there but no cigar.

jjb7733
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittyusernametaken View Post
Twonky + Roku = perfection for casting/streaming local videos in the bedroom, but I would love to find a solution for the living room where the humongous tv is. I get that I can buy Chromecast or such and stream that way, but with a tight budget we're hoping to run the blu-ray player til it dies The blu-ray player streams youtube, netflix, amazon, hulu, etc, and I've gotten so far as to download one app, PlayTo Sony, which displayed the name of my device on the screen, but showed no media to play, so got part-way there but no cigar.
does your tv have wifi? I think there are android apps that you can share content on your phone to the tv through wifi

Wittyusernametaken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb7733 View Post
does your tv have wifi? I think there are android apps that you can share content on your phone to the tv through wifi

Only the Blu-ray player has wifi. TV isn't a smart TV.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

jjb7733
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittyusernametaken View Post
Only the Blu-ray player has wifi. TV isn't a smart TV.
is the blu ray DLNA compatible? I think that is the only way it will work, if it is DLNA you can try the Skifta app

Wittyusernametaken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb7733 View Post
is the blu ray DLNA compatible? I think that is the only way it will work, if it is DLNA you can try the Skifta app
Yes, BDP-S570 shows DLNA yes. I got skifta to go so far as displaying all my musical artists/albums on the TV, no luck with the video section and wouldn't play any music files either says no file to play.