Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery life is turrible

Tip us?

Kwwolves2012
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hednik View Post
No problem just hit the thank button

I'd root and just leave it stock the rest of the way. With battery life it's always YMMV. The battery stats given in the setting menu don't tell you much so apps like wakelock detector or Greenify allow you to stop apps from "waking" the device all the time to either push notifications, sysnc, do whatever crap they do in the background. You could also get something called better battery stats, the app in on xda just google it, and let it run from full charge to dead and then take some screenshots of partial wake locks, how often CPU is in deep sleep etc and others can help sort some out.

Just root with Kingo as its easy and leave the custom rom's alone haha.

BTW how did you fix the brick form flashing a custom rom on MK2 ? I'm on the good MDL firmware so not sure how others fixed the MK2 brick
Well after about a zillion tries on Google I finally found where someone got out of soft brick. It was something like hold down volume down, home, and power buttons until two options come up after you first power on the device. They are like "proceed to recovery mode" or "boot regularly" (something close to those anyways) and then you hit the volume down key to select boot regular and it boots up the phone without seeing that Oden screen. I was so relieved, I had already BSed my chat with a Samsung rep so they probably would have fixed it do to "accidental" downloads caused my phone to brick.

toxicpaulution
Old
Thanks Meter 362

DONATE TO ME
Watch out having your brightness to 100%. My statusbar got burnt into my phone. Just be careful. I can see the clock numbers(blurry) as well as battery and such. It sucks.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toxicpaulution For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kwwolves2012
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicpaulution View Post
Watch out having your brightness to 100%. My statusbar got burnt into my phone. Just be careful. I can see the clock numbers(blurry) as well as battery and such. It sucks.

Thanks for the heads up.

hednik
Old
Thanks Meter 708

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicpaulution View Post

Reminds me of my cappy having screen burn in on that old amoled. Good heads up

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Click thanks if you think I helped you.

Samsung Captivate - CM 11
AT&T Galaxy SII - SHOstock
AT&T Galaxy SII Skyrocket - DEAD
AT&T Galaxy S4 - Beanstalk 4.4 - MDL
MOTO G - Stock

COOK/HACK of BLiNDrom and T-motion RoM

toxicpaulution
Old
Thanks Meter 362

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hednik View Post
Reminds me of my cappy having screen burn in on that old amoled. Good heads up

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yeah I just wish I would have been warned as well, now I just keep my status bar off. It's not directly noticeable if I don't look at it but it's still there.