Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

[Q] Battery life is turrible

OP Kwwolves2012

9th January 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Flag Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hednik

No problem just hit the thank button

I'd root and just leave it stock the rest of the way. With battery life it's always YMMV. The battery stats given in the setting menu don't tell you much so apps like wakelock detector or Greenify allow you to stop apps from "waking" the device all the time to either push notifications, sysnc, do whatever crap they do in the background. You could also get something called better battery stats, the app in on xda just google it, and let it run from full charge to dead and then take some screenshots of partial wake locks, how often CPU is in deep sleep etc and others can help sort some out.

Just root with Kingo as its easy and leave the custom rom's alone haha.

BTW how did you fix the brick form flashing a custom rom on MK2 ? I'm on the good MDL firmware so not sure how others fixed the MK2 brick

Well after about a zillion tries on Google I finally found where someone got out of soft brick. It was something like hold down volume down, home, and power buttons until two options come up after you first power on the device. They are like "proceed to recovery mode" or "boot regularly" (something close to those anyways) and then you hit the volume down key to select boot regular and it boots up the phone without seeing that Oden screen. I was so relieved, I had already BSed my chat with a Samsung rep so they probably would have fixed it do to "accidental" downloads caused my phone to brick.
9th January 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #12  
Flag Lykens
Thanks Meter: 371

1,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Watch out having your brightness to 100%. My statusbar got burnt into my phone. Just be careful. I can see the clock numbers(blurry) as well as battery and such. It sucks.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toxicpaulution For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Flag Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicpaulution

Watch out having your brightness to 100%. My statusbar got burnt into my phone. Just be careful. I can see the clock numbers(blurry) as well as battery and such. It sucks.

Thanks for the heads up.
10th January 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #14  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 708

1,525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicpaulution

Reminds me of my cappy having screen burn in on that old amoled. Good heads up

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th January 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #15  
Flag Lykens
Thanks Meter: 371

1,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hednik

Reminds me of my cappy having screen burn in on that old amoled. Good heads up

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah I just wish I would have been warned as well, now I just keep my status bar off. It's not directly noticeable if I don't look at it but it's still there.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread