Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 36,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP Question

Tip us?

xceebeex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
I haven't really followed this thread's progression so forgive me, but you can just tap the bar where it reads "Backup Name: (Auto Generate)" to manually change your TWRP backup names. It's not immediately obvious but its there.
Yea, I understand that, but I don't understand why it is adding stuff like userdebug and a bunch of other stuff automatically when the older version didn't. Then on top of that, while it appears like it worked and I could see the files using ES Explorer, when I hooked it up to my laptop, it wasn't even seeing the TWRP top level folder on the SD Card.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceebeex View Post
Yea, I understand that, but I don't understand why it is adding stuff like userdebug and a bunch of other stuff automatically when the older version didn't.
I guess this is a difference of opinion then cuz I don't see it as an issue.

Quote:
Then on top of that, while it appears like it worked and I could see the files using ES Explorer, when I hooked it up to my laptop, it wasn't even seeing the TWRP top level folder on the SD Card.
Can you view the rest of your internal storage on your laptop? I mean the exact same directory as to where your TWRP storage is located? You are running a KitKat rom which changes the internal storage directories from /sdcard to /0/sdcard (JB 4.3 does as well) so I'd guess that might have something to do with it. I always use Airdroid to transfer files to/from my laptop and I see my newly constructed internal storage fine. I have a MBP so I don't really have a native way to connect my S3 to my laptop to test it out which is why I use AirDroid.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable