Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SW2 work better with 4.3 or 4.4?

Tip us?

Nomad1600
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Default SW2 work better with 4.3 or 4.4?

I am on a 4.1.2 ROM and finding the Notification extensions don't play well with my ROM. Since a solid rooted and unlocked 4.3 has been released for the GS3 Verizon and a number of the 4.4 ROMs seem pretty stable I am evaluating both directions. But since my SW2 now is a key part of my phone I'd like to make sure that the SW2 plays well with whatever direction I go. I am pretty sure the phone plays well with 4.3... anyone using a 4.4 phone yet and any challenges?
Android devices: Samsung Galaxy S III running AICP 5.0 (retired phone: HTC Thunderbolt running InfectedROM NuSense Eternity); Nexus 7, HP TouchPad running Milaq CM11 nightly, Sony SmartWatch 2

polish_pat
Old
Thanks Meter 338

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad1600 View Post
I am on a 4.1.2 ROM and finding the Notification extensions don't play well with my ROM. Since a solid rooted and unlocked 4.3 has been released for the GS3 Verizon and a number of the 4.4 ROMs seem pretty stable I am evaluating both directions. But since my SW2 now is a key part of my phone I'd like to make sure that the SW2 plays well with whatever direction I go. I am pretty sure the phone plays well with 4.3... anyone using a 4.4 phone yet and any challenges?
some people are reporting issues with 4.4 and some extensions not working. I'd stick with 4.3 if stability of the watch is what you're looking for
The Following User Says Thank You to polish_pat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adamsweeting
Old
Thanks Meter 45
No issues with 4.4.2 - works perfect

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to adamsweeting For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cas239
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Some 4.4 ROMs are reporting issues with Bluetooth in general. I'm currently running the latest Carbon nightly 4.3.1 and haven't had a single issue

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
...Sent From My Carbonized D2VZW...
The Following User Says Thank You to cas239 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toyface
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Not sure I can speak for other 4.4 ROMs on other devices but, with KitKat on the Nexus 5 (stock) I've had no problems with using my smartwatch 2 at all. Watchnotifier brings through other notifcations that Sony misses and the GMail extension works great. Bluetooth is generally very good but, I have noticed the occasional disconnect when connecting to another bluetooth device (speaker etc) but, it's a quick reconnection.
The Following User Says Thank You to toyface For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

colts187
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
It works wonderfully on my n5 on 4.4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app