Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need stock 4.1.2 Tmobile rom

Tip us?

holmesnmanny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default need stock 4.1.2 Tmobile rom

hey guys I wanna flash back to completely stock tmobile 4.1.2 rom so I can usb tether without tmobile knowing again...does anyone have a link to the file ? i've searched and search and the only thing i've found is files that say stuff like build 1.635465 yada yada

thanks in advance

blackangst
Old
Thanks Meter 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesnmanny View Post
hey guys I wanna flash back to completely stock tmobile 4.1.2 rom so I can usb tether without tmobile knowing again...does anyone have a link to the file ? i've searched and search and the only thing i've found is files that say stuff like build 1.635465 yada yada

thanks in advance
Couldnt find one after a quick search...Im uploading the RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_TMOUS_1.27.531.11_Radio_4A.17.3250 .20_10.40.1150.04_release_324846_signed RUU gimme a bit and I'll post the link

holmesnmanny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst View Post
Couldnt find one after a quick search...Im uploading the RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_TMOUS_1.27.531.11_Radio_4A.17.3250 .20_10.40.1150.04_release_324846_signed RUU gimme a bit and I'll post the link
thanks for your reply

blackangst
Old
Thanks Meter 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesnmanny View Post
thanks for your reply
Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ec...6_signed_2.exe

holmesnmanny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Okay, i really screwed up the previous installation as I said which rendered my screen inoperable. What exactly would I need to install this coming from 4.3 which I believe my replacement phone will have ?

There is a chance my new phone will have 4.1.2 installed coming from the factory which will make me not need to reinstall 4.1.2

any help would be appreciated I believe I need to update my firmware as well before installing this...i'm not really sure what that entails ... I may just not install this at all if I think I can't get it done correctly or if it will make the same mistake as last time

holmesnmanny
Old
(Last edited by holmesnmanny; 10th January 2014 at 02:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
For anyone that this happens to and I know there are others, the fix is really easy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1672425

Just grab a copy of a completely stock 4.3 RUU from tmobile and then just use that above thread to restore it back to 4.3. It's really really easy.

In a nutshell you will just make sure to have adb and fastboot and you will be able to communicate with your phone even without having USB DEBUGGING on. The RUU will do everything by itself. The thing is that when you start that program it will spend a few minutes opening up. You will think it's not doing anything but just wait or even open up task manager and you will see the file working. Slowly it will get bigger and bigger until it finally starts up as it unlocks the files needed.

I didn't even need to go buy USB OTG to use a mouse to help turn on USB DEBUGGING.

The really strange thing is that somehow my old homescreen pic stayed throughout this whole ordeal. lol

thanks again to blackangst for helping
The Following User Says Thank You to holmesnmanny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]