Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Trouble flashing custom ROM on Bell phone

OP falsfire1976

9th January 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I had CM in the past on a different device and I'd really like to have it again on my current device. Alternately, I hear Quantum would be a good fit for me too.

Problem is I can't seem to find a ROM that matches both my bootloader and device ID.

It's a SGH-I747M (Canada) LTE phone, originally from Bell Mobility but now unlocked, rooted, and on MTS carrier.

Info from RootChecker:
DEVICE: d2can
FINGERPRINT: samsung/d2vl/d2can:4.3/JSS15J/I747MVLUEMK5:user/release-keys
BOOTLOADER: I747MVLUEMK5
PRODUCT: d2vl

Can anybody help point me in the right direction to obtaining a KitKat ROM for this phone and applying it?

PS I'm a programmer for a living, so if source is open-source and I just need to change some asserts so the ROM flashing will succeed, that is if the source code is actually going to work on this device, I can do that (with a few pointers as to what compiler to use, what output files to zip up, etc).
10th January 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

178 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by falsfire1976

I had CM in the past on a different device and I'd really like to have it again on my current device. Alternately, I hear Quantum would be a good fit for me too.

Problem is I can't seem to find a ROM that matches both my bootloader and device ID.

It's a SGH-I747M (Canada) LTE phone, originally from Bell Mobility but now unlocked, rooted, and on MTS carrier.

Info from RootChecker:
DEVICE: d2can
FINGERPRINT: samsung/d2vl/d2can:4.3/JSS15J/I747MVLUEMK5:user/release-keys
BOOTLOADER: I747MVLUEMK5
PRODUCT: d2vl

Can anybody help point me in the right direction to obtaining a KitKat ROM for this phone and applying it?

PS I'm a programmer for a living, so if source is open-source and I just need to change some asserts so the ROM flashing will succeed, that is if the source code is actually going to work on this device, I can do that (with a few pointers as to what compiler to use, what output files to zip up, etc).

The att S3 roms also work on Canadian S3's. I have a Telus s3 and I recommend using TWRP recovery.
10th January 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #3  
Flag New Westminster
Thanks Meter: 147

388 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by falsfire1976

Here you go. http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d2att
The CM ROMs do not require a specific bootloader to do this. The S3 for ATT and Bell are the same as far as CM is concerned. Simply flash latest, Wipe/factory reset, wipe cache dalvik, and enjoy CM11. I am a Bell customer, and also have the MK5 bootloader. I have flashed to this CM and back. I assure you it works. I'm assuming you are rooted and have custom recovery.

You also have the option of AOKP. http://aokp.co/devices/d2att
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread