Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more

Nexus Player 5.1 LMY47D Rooted

We recently featured the Nexus Player, Google’s second attempt at a digital media … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Please help me, I was a dumbA**

9th January 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 495
 
849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
So, I've bricked my ATT G2, It will NOT go into anything but fastboot mode, and it will not turn off. When i attempt to turn it off it just reboots itself into fastboot. My computer will not recognize the device, either. Am I completely fu****?
9th January 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #2  
sottey's Avatar
Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 8
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaddox1

So, I've bricked my ATT G2, It will NOT go into anything but fastboot mode, and it will not turn off. When i attempt to turn it off it just reboots itself into fastboot. My computer will not recognize the device, either. Am I completely fu****?

http://androidforums.com/internation...-fastboot.html

Google is your friend
The Following User Says Thank You to sottey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 495
 
849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sottey

http://androidforums.com/internation...-fastboot.html

Google is your friend

Problem is it doesn't recognize fastboot commands.
Drivers are installed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
9th January 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaddox1

So, I've bricked my ATT G2, It will NOT go into anything but fastboot mode, and it will not turn off. When i attempt to turn it off it just reboots itself into fastboot. My computer will not recognize the device, either. Am I completely fu****?

If you play around holding power button and vol button eventually you will be able to turn off the phone.. Lol I kno this because ithapoened to me.. Just keep playing with it until the phone goes off.. Then be careful and get it in download mode
10th January 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #5  
sottey's Avatar
Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 8
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaddox1

Problem is it doesn't recognize fastboot commands.
Drivers are installed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

If the power button thing doesnt do it, and you aren't under warranty, you could pull the case and disconnect the battery.

Have you ever been able to connect with adb?

Also, maybe try different USB ports and computers.

HTH
10th January 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 495
 
849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sottey

If the power button thing doesnt do it, and you aren't under warranty, you could pull the case and disconnect the battery.

Have you ever been able to connect with adb?

Also, maybe try different USB ports and computers.

HTH

Fixed - Different computer worked. For some reason my Windows machine just didn't want to see it as a fastboot device, However my old macbook came in and saved the day, now i can put it safely back on it's shelf to never be used unless i brick the phone again. Woot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
att, brick, d800, g2lg
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes