5,595,760 Members 38,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Canada / USA Z1 Owners.......Sign In Here

Tip us?

aksmzk
Old
(Last edited by aksmzk; 7th February 2014 at 10:47 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31

thegregulator
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Twelve View Post
Sony has a compact called HX-50V that offers a 30x zoom.

It's little bigger than the Qx10 but same sensor and can be controlled through play memories.
I looked into the HX-50V, but it was also over 4 times what I paid for the QX10, so that was a major selling point.

One Twelve
Old
(Last edited by One Twelve; 8th January 2014 at 10:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegregulator View Post
I looked into the HX-50V, but it was also over 4 times what I paid for the QX10, so that was a major selling point.
Qx10 must be going for very cheap where you are because HX-50v where i am is little less than double the cost of QX-10. Same ratio applies with QX100 & RX100MK2. In some countries recall people saying they got the QX10 as a gift with the Z1.

The same play memories app works with hx-50v as well. Sensor is the same as well as photo quality.

thegregulator
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Twelve View Post
Qx10 must be going for very cheap where you are because HX-50v where i am is little less than double the cost of QX-10. Same ratio applies with QX100 & RX100MK2. In some countries recall people saying they got the QX10 as a gift with the Z1.

The same play memories app works with hx-50v as well. Sensor is the same as well as photo quality.
I picked up a QX10 from the Sony store for $130 plus tax. Although I see the HX-50v is $299 at Futureshop right now... Maybe I'll grab one of those too.... Damn you Sony.

One Twelve
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegregulator View Post
I picked up a QX10 from the Sony store for $130 plus tax. Although I see the HX-50v is $299 at Futureshop right now... Maybe I'll grab one of those too.... Damn you Sony.
Damn sony is right. hx-50 v is a travel zoom, same sensor as Z1.

RX100 is a 1 inch sensor, only 5x zoom.

Whether to get another camera along with the Z1 or not is a question i've yet to figure out. Thing is the phone is always with you.

The play memories app is getting lots of flak for being very limited. Sony desperately need to overhaul it.

How is the connection & setup time with qx-10 ? figure it works better with NFC than wifi. I see so many reviewers using their iphones and complaining about frequently losing the wifi connection. Reconect again or some time the app itself crashes.

qx10/100 concept is is intersting but the present execution on the software side leaves a lot to be desired.

enrique71
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Default Root LB to 4.3 ? c6906

Anyone with a LB manged to get their c6906 rooted ?