5,606,201 Members 33,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot boot to recovery; how do I reset the recovery and/or flash a custom ROM?

Tip us?

hednik
Old
Thanks Meter 708

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicpaulution View Post
I agree with you, I want to know the exact reason why he wants to boot a custom rom, I have seen way to many peopledo it to be "cool" and then brick their device >.>
yay...the q&a police strike again.

remember this ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1368747
Click thanks if you think I helped you.

Samsung Captivate - CM 11
AT&T Galaxy SII - SHOstock
AT&T Galaxy SII Skyrocket - DEAD
AT&T Galaxy S4 - Beanstalk 4.4 - MDL
MOTO G - Stock

COOK/HACK of BLiNDrom and T-motion RoM

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by hednik View Post
We were all guilty of not reading enough at some point or the other

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1408581

That is clearly one of the most ignorant things I have seen on this site. You went back 2 years to find a post about another phone that had questions that I asked that had not yet been answered and decided to post it in this thread? If you actually took the time to look through that old thread, you would see that I answered the previously unanswered question myself and posted the info so others could benefit. It had absolutely nothing to do with lack of searching and / or reading comprehension. If you have nothing better to do than dig up 2 year old posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this post, move on.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

hednik
Old
Thanks Meter 708

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719 View Post
That is clearly one of the most ignorant things I have seen on this site. You went back 2 years to find a post about another phone that had questions that I asked that had not yet been answered and decided to post it in this thread? If you actually took the time to look through that old thread, you would see that I answered the previously unanswered question myself and posted the info so others could benefit. It had absolutely nothing to do with lack of searching and / or reading comprehension. If you have nothing better to do than dig up 2 year old posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this post, move on.
Its just every response you have is arrogant to any question someone asks you feel is beneath you. If you don't like questions don't come into q&a. Treating people in here with loathsome arrogance only serves to stroke your ego.

And it took 30 seconds to find your first thread.

We all ask stuff we could have searched for, even you. I ask stuff that might be obvious too.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MOTO G - Stock

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by hednik View Post
Its just every response you have is arrogant to any question someone asks you feel is beneath you. If you don't like questions don't come into q&a. Treating people in here with loathsome arrogance only serves to stroke your ego.

And it took 30 seconds to find your first thread.

We all ask stuff we could have searched for, even you. I ask stuff that might be obvious too.

Telling people to search and read is not arrogance. Asking people why they do things that they don't understand is not arrogance. As any Moderator will tell you, this is not a "support" forum it is a development forum. There is no reason why someone needs to ask questions that have been answered dozens of times. And then after being told the answers already exist, turn around and continue to not read and learn.

Why do you have such a problem with this forum and the rules? The thing is, you are no different than the OP, and me telling the OP that they need to read and learn about their device means that you too, must put a little effort into learning. And that is why you (and others like you) really have a problem with me. It is not rude or arrogant to let people know they are going about things the wrong way by not learning and reading (and doing so until they understand what they are reading). Telling someone they need to read and learn about their device before they screw it up further is ALWAYS the correct answer especially if it is a topic that has been covered several times already. If you or any one else has an issue with that...tough.

YOU:
"Hey guys, I never bothered learning how to drive, but decided to jump behind the wheel anyway...now I'm wrapped around a tree. What should I have done differently?"

ME:
"You should have learned how to drive before getting behind the wheel, why didn't you?"

YOU:
"You're arrogant!"

Really?

Anyway back on topic.

OP, you need to read the "pinned" threads in the general and Q&A section and follow the links in those threads for your specific model and firmware until you completely understand what to do and how to do it. The answers and information you need are in those threads, it is up to you to make use of it or not.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

hednik
Old
Thanks Meter 708

DONATE TO ME
I just think its best to think how other's might view your responses as opposed to being arrogant. I'm just saying that if everyone responded with how you do it would be a sad place to learn. That's what this place is for. Learning... Bottom line. Yes you can correct but it should be done with tact and understanding. BTW your example did not apply to said situation.

MOTO G - Stock